Gordon prevails, somewhat...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gordon prevails, somewhat...

Just watched NASCAR NOW and Robby was on, gets his owners and drivers points back, the fine was bumped up to $150K, not sure about the suspension of the crew chief, it was his fine that was increased.

More details later, Jayski only has this as a rumor.
    It's always been about the Indy 500!
    I realize I have the right to remain silent, but don't have the ability or enough common sense to do so.:rolleyes:

Good for Robby!

Comment

Dodge better pick up the "fine", if they are even ever collected.
      "There are two ways to conquer and enslave a nation. One is by the sword. The other is by debt." John Adams 1826
      Nostalgia isn't what it used to be.
      www.fairtax.org

Comment

Originally posted by brickyard1911
        Dodge better pick up the "fine", if they are even ever collected.
        They will be collected before Kerr is allowed into the garages again, Dodge will probably pay.
        I realize I have the right to remain silent, but don't have the ability or enough common sense to do so.:rolleyes:

Comment

Good for Robby...

Comment

From Jayski's website:

Robby's Appeal to be held on March 5th UPDATE 2: #7-Robby Gordon's appeal to NASCAR officials in response to a 100-point penalty and six-race suspension and $100,000 fine for crew chief Frank Kerr is scheduled to be heard on Wednesday, March 5, 2008 in Daytona.(2-28-2008)
            UPDATE: nothing official, but am hearing all of the penalties [points and crew chief suspension] have been rescinded BUT the fine was increased from $100,000 to $150,000.(3-5-2008)
            UPDATE 2: On March 5, 2008, the National Stock Car Racing Commission heard and considered the appeal of Robby Gordon Motorsports regarding the #7 car. The appeal concerned three penalties issued by NASCAR following opening day inspection on February 8, 2008 for the Sprint Cup Series event at Daytona International Speedway. The infractions concerned Section 12-4-A of the NASCAR Rule Book “Actions detrimental to stock car racing”; Section 12-4-Q “Any determination by NASCAR Officials that the car, car parts, components, and/or equipment used in the Event do not conform to NASCAR rules” and Section 20-3.1-A: “Unapproved front bumper cover.”
            The penalties assessed were:
            * Loss of 100 NASCAR Sprint Cup Series Championship Car Owner Points for car owner Robby Gordon.
            * Loss of 100 NASCAR Sprint Cup Series Championship Driver Points for driver Robby Gordon.
            * $100,000.00 fine; suspension from NASCAR for the next six (6) NASCAR Sprint Cup Series Championship Events; suspension from NASCAR until April 9, 2008, and probation until December 31, 2008 for crew chief, Frank Kerr.
            The Appellants argued that the bumper cover was installed as delivered from the manufacturer, that it did not provide a competition advantage since it was discovered prior to being allowed on the racetrack, and that the bumper met the templates. The Appellants also argued against the severity of the penalties. In deliberating, the Commission considered several factors. The bumper cover constituted an obvious rules infraction and the Appellants did not contest the legality of the part. The Commission notes and reaffirms the following fundamental principal which is vital to maintaining the integrity of the sport: Regardless of the source of an unapproved part on a racecar, the race team that officially enters the car in a NASCAR race is ultimately accountable for that racecar’s conformance, or non-conformance, to the rules. However, the Commission believes that the facts presented during the hearing represented an extraordinary and unusual set of circumstances. While this does not excuse the infraction, the National Stock Car Racing Commission has decided to reinstate the car owner and driver championship points, lift the suspension, and increase the fine. For the crew chief, Frank Kerr, the penalty is increased to $150,000 and he remains on probation through Dec. 31, 2008. The Appellants have the right under Section 15 of the Rule Book to appeal this decision to the National Stock Car Racing Commissioner.(NASCAR PR)(3-5-2008)

Comment

Nascar is bound and determined to run Robby out of their series. How %$^%$^@ stupid is their reasoning now? Also, Thanks to Jim Beam for standing up for your driver and team. Good luck in the future, and you are welcome to come to the dark side and run open wheel again!

Comment

I thought Robby caught a break here, he got relief on three issues.

Comment

So, now we know what 100 points costs!!!!
                  Very, very dumb on NASCAR's part. Another example of making the rules up as they go....depending on the competitor.
                  Glad to see Robby got the points back and now assumes his rightful place in the standings.
                  Can't for the life of me understand how you can change the penalty half way through the process. We find you guilty, but you can buy 100 championship points for $50,000 if it suits you better.
                  Only in Nascar!!!! No wonder the fans are always bombed!

Comment

Originally posted by THE BEAR
                    Another example of making the rules up as they go....depending on the competitor.

My take is that the penalty was standard. You get caught, NASCAR slaps you with this. Now THIS is why the appeals process is in place. Under extraordinary or unusual circumstances, it can either be reversed or lessened.

IMO, switching from 100 points to just $50k more is a deal anyone would take.
                    He kani 'ano 'e loa kela. Ua 'ai nui anei 'oe ma ke kakahiaka?

Comment

Well, It seems to me that, in the specracer world, when you unload your specracer and it looks different from all of the other specracers, it would be smart to ask someone of authority why your specracer is different and find out if you are the only guy that is correct or if you are the only guy that is incorrect, before presenting it for official technical inspection. Obviously, from his past history, robbygordon's attitude is that he is correct and everybody else is wrong.
                      The correct decision by nascar would have been to allow the fines and penaties to stand but change the official reason for the penalties from "cheating" to "stupidity".

http://indyroadsters.webs.com/
                      http://macmillersgarage.webs.com/
                      http://www.youtube.com/user/macmiller46241

I love any race car whose last name is "Special"

Comment

Originally posted by mac miller
                        Well, It seems to me that, in the specracer world, when you unload your specracer and it looks different from all of the other specracers, it would be smart to ask someone of authority why your specracer is different and find out if you are the only guy that is correct or if you are the only guy that is incorrect, before presenting it for official technical inspection. Obviously, from his past history, robbygordon's attitude is that he is correct and everybody else is wrong.
                        The correct decision by nascar would have been to allow the fines and penaties to stand but change the official reason for the penalties from "cheating" to "stupidity".
                        Show me a picture of the two noses and maybe I'll buy this.

But for a team that switched to Dodge two weeks prior, how were they to know what the right nose looked like until they unloaded?

Everyone else's nose:

Robby's nose:

Comment

Does every team get their "spec" nose from the same source? Using a CoT, switching car brands means different decals, not nose caps, right?
                          Road racing is doomed...what this country needs is a big new racetrack designed for automobiles instead of horses. C.G. Fisher

Comment

Originally posted by nascarnation
                            Does every team get their "spec" nose from the same source? Using a CoT, switching car brands means different decals, not nose caps, right?
                            If you can find a picture of the cars side by side the noses are not exactly identical. The creases in the hood is the most obvious difference.
                            GO COLTS!!!

Comment

that K & K car is beautiful...one of my all-time favorites! (driver was pretty good too!)

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X