Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• # 99 penalties

From Jayski's website:

NASCAR has issued penalties and fines to the #99 team that competes in the Sprint Cup Series, as a result of rule infractions found last Sunday at Las Vegas Motor Speedway. The #99 car driven by Carl Edwards was found to be in violation of Sections 12-4-A (actions detrimental to stock car racing); 12-4-Q (car, car parts, components and/or equipment used do not conform to NASCAR rules); and 20-2.1J (any device or duct work that permits air to pass from one area of the interior of the car to another, or to the outside of the car, will not be permitted. This includes, but is not limited to, the inside of the car to the trunk area, or the floors, firewalls, crush panels and wheel wells passing air into or out of the car) of the 2008 NASCAR rule book. The violations were found during post-race inspection at Las Vegas Motor Speedway on March 2. As a result, Edwards and car owner Jack Roush have been penalized 100 championship driver and 100 championship owner points, respectively. In the event the #99 team qualifies for the Chase for the NASCAR Sprint Cup, the team will not receive the 10 bonus points for the UAW-Dodge 400 victory used for determining the Chase seeding order. Crew chief Bob Osborne has been fined $100,000, suspended from the next six Sprint Cup Series events, suspended from NASCAR until April 30 and placed on probation until Dec. 31.(NASCAR PR), Expect Roush Fenway Racing to appeal the penalties. The 100 pt deduction takes Edwards from leading the Drivers Points Standings to 7th, 79 pts out of 1st and #18-Kyle Busch retakes the points standings by 20 over #12-Ryan Newman.(3-5-2008)

Does anyone have a photo of the oil tank? I just can't imagine the benefit of this. I need a visual.
    You should avoid making yourself too clear even in your explanations -

Baltasar Gracian, Spanish philosopher

Comment

maybe we will see a shift of NASCAR drivers to the IRL

Comment

ouch
        Life's too short to worry/Life's too long to wait
        Too short not to love everybody/Life's too long to hate

"There are a number of very knowledgeable and entertaining race fans here. There are also a number of morons. Your job is to figure out which is which." - Rev-Ed

Comment

So who wants to tell us again how NASCAR was just picking on poor ol' Robby?
          "It was actually fun, because you're back fully driving again in these trucks. Ninety percent of the tracks we go to in the IRL, you're flat-out. I was having to lift off the corners some here." - Buddy Rice

Comment

Originally posted by Wheel-Nut
            Does anyone have a photo of the oil tank? I just can't imagine the benefit of this. I need a visual.
            I haven't seen one, but it seems to be a plate/hatch that gives access to the oil filler cap not the cap itself as some reports have mentioned.

Comment

Originally posted by gass
              maybe we will see a shift of NASCAR drivers to the IRL

Comment

Originally posted by jonesi
                I haven't seen one, but it seems to be a plate/hatch that gives access to the oil filler cap not the cap itself as some reports have mentioned.
                So the cap was still on the oil then, just the lid that sat over the tank itself was missing. I can't see how that would give someone such an advantage to warrent a $100,000 fine and 110pt deduction.
                "Ninety-two years ago [the Indy 500] was probably like any other race," said 2005 winner Dan Wheldon. "But over time it's just created so many storylines and history for people of our generation that now it's just massive. People value that history and tradition and you just can't take that away."

Comment

Certainly is an eyeopener.

Comment

Originally posted by Racewriter
                    So who wants to tell us again how NASCAR was just picking on poor ol' Robby?
                    Me, for a start. Since when did Robby Gordon get to RACE let alone win with an illegal car? One that seems to have been deliberately modified by the team rather than fitting maker-supplied parts?
                    "An emphasis was placed on drivers with road racing backgrounds which meant drivers from open wheel, oval track racing were at a disadvantage. That led Tony George to create the IRL." -Indy Review 1996

Comment

"I can't see how that would give someone such an advantage to warrent a $100,000 fine and 110pt deduction."

Evidently NASCAR does...

Comment

Originally posted by hdolan
                        Evidently NASCAR does...
                        No kidding. Sounds like it could be a huge advantage on some tracks and they are not messing around.

I didn't think they were going to pound him that hard. Penalties have been much harsher with the COT and crews are going to have to learn to deal with it and play by the rules.
                        Eff LBD!

Comment

Originally posted by ensign14
                          Me, for a start. Since when did Robby Gordon get to RACE let alone win with an illegal car? One that seems to have been deliberately modified by the team rather than fitting maker-supplied parts?
                          NascarNow just reported appeal gave points back but upped the fine to $150k. (I guess they figured RG wasn't at fault but Dodge was and would be paying the fine.)

Comment

Time for blue Loctite and heat to prevent those bolts from backin out.........
                            SENسR MODERATOR......

"Better To Be Judged By Twelve Than Carried By Six"
                            " Only Those Who Will Risk Going Too Far....Can Possibly Find Out How Far One Can Go "...T.S. Elliot....

Comment

Use red 262. That stuff would survive a nuclear blast.

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X