Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone else wonder why when Hornish hit the wall...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone else wonder why when Hornish hit the wall...

...they did not throw a yellow with Edwards and Kenseth in the pits?
    "The secret of life is honesty and fair dealing. If you can fake that, you've got it made."
    ~~Groucho Marx
    I have the hots for Khaleesi...

Why would they throw a yellow if there's no debris on the track and Honrish can get back safely to pitlane?

Comment

There was more than that time that they did not throw the yellow when they have in the past. There was also another time that it seemed like the flew the green quicker than normal also.

Comment

Originally posted by comfortably numb
        ...they did not throw a yellow with Edwards and Kenseth in the pits?
        I was in the garage at the time & had it playing on the radio... without even seeing the incident I knew they would at the very least WAIT for Edwards & Kenseth to get past the S/F line before throwing the yellow.

But, they proved me wrong... and didn't even throw it so as not to interrupt the pit cycles.

Pretty much the exact opposite of what they did at Daytona around lap 80 or so to artificially bunch up the strung out field with a fake debris caution after Sadler scraped the wall.

Comment

I just assumed that they would want to go out and look for debirs after Sam hit the wall. It was hard to believe that there wasn't something on the track.
          "The secret of life is honesty and fair dealing. If you can fake that, you've got it made."
          ~~Groucho Marx
          I have the hots for Khaleesi...

Comment

Originally posted by comfortably numb
            I just assumed that they would want to go out and look for debirs after Sam hit the wall. It was hard to believe that there wasn't something on the track.
            If you subscribe to TrackPass, one of the channels you can listen to is the "Officials Channel". When Sam hit the wall and continued, Race Control asked the NASCAR spotters if there was any debris. Each one answered "no".

Throughout the race, (all races - not just this one) teams will tell Race Control that there's "debris located at such and such a spot". Before NASCAR throws a yellow, they always check with the spotters to verify.

roach

Comment

Originally posted by jcroche
              ....Throughout the race, (all races - not just this one) teams will tell Race Control that there's "debris located at such and such a spot". Before NASCAR throws a yellow, they always check with the spotters to verify.

roach
              One year at Talladega, it was obviously getting to be mid-race pit time. I switched my scanner over to the NASCAR officals frequency......it took about two laps, but "finally" one of them started screaming "I got it, I got it!!!!, Turn 2, turn 2"...........yellow light.
              Scouts?

Comment

Micromanagement, manipulation, no cars on pit road to get out of sequence and that yellow is flyin'.
                It's always been about the Indy 500!
                I realize I have the right to remain silent, but don't have the ability or enough common sense to do so.:rolleyes:

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
                Working...
                X