Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What happens to Hornish if.....

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • What happens to Hornish if.....

    I'm not familiar enough with Nascar rules to know this.....but if Hornish isn't in the top 35 by race # (whatever it is), will he then have to qualify on speed or does he get some sort of provisional for Penske's team last season?

    Thanks!

  • #2
    After race 5 ...........Has to qualify unless he's in the top 35...........
    SENسR MODERATOR......

    "Better To Be Judged By Twelve Than Carried By Six"
    " Only Those Who Will Risk Going Too Far....Can Possibly Find Out How Far One Can Go "...T.S. Elliot....

    Comment


    • #3
      Hornish gets 2 more races in the lock-in, based on last year's results. If, after Bristol, he is not in the top 35, then he is a "Go or Go Home" car.
      "It was actually fun, because you're back fully driving again in these trucks. Ninety percent of the tracks we go to in the IRL, you're flat-out. I was having to lift off the corners some here." - Buddy Rice

      Comment


      • #4
        Sunday I was jacked up on cold meds, laying in bed trying to follow the race. I recall seeing Hornish go out near the end of his first run. Did they ever show what happened? All I can remember is him limping back to the pits while the track stayed green. Did he get into somebody? Did he have a tire let go?

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by dog-ring
          After race 5 ...........Has to qualify unless he's in the top 35...........

          Thanks....the next two races are going to be interesting. I would think their strategy would be to ride around and try and finish a race or two!

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by jmart
            Sunday I was jacked up on cold meds, laying in bed trying to follow the race. I recall seeing Hornish go out near the end of his first run. Did they ever show what happened? All I can remember is him limping back to the pits while the track stayed green. Did he get into somebody? Did he have a tire let go?
            I wondered that as well. I read somewhere that "he just lost it", but never did hear anything else.

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by ovalfan01
              Thanks....the next two races are going to be interesting. I would think their strategy would be to ride around and try and finish a race or two!
              How does that strategy differ from what they've done so far? At Fontana he got collected from what I recall.

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by jmart
                How does that strategy differ from what they've done so far? At Fontana he got collected from what I recall.
                I'm not saying their stategy has changed.....just thinking outloud that they really need to finish some races - and soon. I get your point. I'm sure RP isn't reading my post and thinking.....you know, that Ovalfan01 is right. Sam, just finish a race, okay?

                He ran okay at Daytona, got collected at Fontana, and apparently "lost it" in LV (hey, that could be a t-shirt slogan). I don't know what their strategy is, but I bet it wasn't to start the season 1 for 3.

                Comment


                • #9
                  I assume that it is pretty easily accessible if one wants to spend time looking, but in the past how many of the locked drivers for the first 5 races fell out when current points started counting? It would seem that based on the current system, a driver would have to try pretty hard to lose a spot to the GOGH drivers due to guaranteed points and the fact that there typically is not a GOGH driver that makes all 5 of the first races (unless your in a Toyota this year).

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Here's an article that talks about his day....blown tire one lap before his scheduled stop.

                    Motorsport.com Article

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by crsfulk
                      there typically is not a GOGH driver that makes all 5 of the first races (unless your in a Toyota this year).
                      now you're making Almendinger feel really bad, LOL
                      Road racing is doomed...what this country needs is a big new racetrack designed for automobiles instead of horses. C.G. Fisher

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by nascarnation
                        now you're making Almendinger feel really bad, LOL

                        Hornish is 20 points out of 35th right now. He needs a top 25 at Atlanta to get back in it................
                        SENسR MODERATOR......

                        "Better To Be Judged By Twelve Than Carried By Six"
                        " Only Those Who Will Risk Going Too Far....Can Possibly Find Out How Far One Can Go "...T.S. Elliot....

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by dog-ring
                          Hornish is 20 points out of 35th right now. He needs a top 25 at Atlanta to get back in it................
                          And about a 27th at Bristol to stay there.
                          "It was actually fun, because you're back fully driving again in these trucks. Ninety percent of the tracks we go to in the IRL, you're flat-out. I was having to lift off the corners some here." - Buddy Rice

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Doesn't matter.Mobil is payiing the Captain $20M a year to have Sam in the car, regardless of on-track results.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Regardless, his Daytona performance at least settles the questions about whether he belongs.

                              Now it's just a matter of putting it together.

                              Comment

                              Unconfigured Ad Widget

                              Collapse
                              Working...
                              X