Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Dario, Sam and Robby all out of top 35 with 2 to go.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dario, Sam and Robby all out of top 35 with 2 to go.

Not looking good...

I'm getting concerned...

I hope Robby can get back in there.

Comment

Originally posted by JSR
      I hope Robby can get back in there.

After all the times that NASCAR has screwed Robby Gordon over the years, yes I said screwed I hope Robby has a decent chance to winning his appeal this week. With his manufacturer backing up his claims, I really don't see how NASCAR cannot overturn their original ruling
      "I love Indianapolis. I love the people. I love everything about it....the tradition, the history." - Dan Wheldon

Comment

Hardly a surprise. As I have stated earlier, Sam has no strong support guys on the Penske Team. His Crew Chief and Car Chief are both relative unknowns with minor track records, and the Dodge is not exactly the hottest car out there.

If Penske wants Sam to succeed, he needs to find somebody with a stout background on handling drivers in the Cup series to bring Sam along. Ryan and Busch are decent drivers, but they are not a Mark Martin when it comes to coaching drivers. A strong crew chief like a Ryan Pemberton, or Donnie Wingo, or Doug Richert is what Sam needs. Those guys are proven winners and developmental leader types. While Carrier might work with a veteran, he's always been a journeyman guy and coming from Morgan McClure is not exactly a stellar operation. All IMHO of course.
        ...Always follow the money

Comment

Ryan Newman did a full season of ABC racing before the Captain gave him a Cup ride. Why would Hornish not require the same amount of experince?

Montoya looks like a better driver every week the other OW guys struggle. Don't forget adding AJ 'Dinger to the list of OW guys not in the top 35.

Comment

Originally posted by silva33
            Montoya looks like a better driver every week the other OW guys struggle.
            He does?

He looks just like he did last year. A mid-packer.
            IRL 2009: "Cars you can't see, driven by drivers you have never heard of, on a network you don't get"

"I'd hire your grandmother, if she brought a budget"- Bankrupt Indy Car team owner Tyler Tadevic, to Curt Cavin in December, on the tough standards he looks for when "hiring" driver talent.

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
            Working...
            X