Did Skinner replace Villenueve?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Did Skinner replace Villenueve?

I saw a blurb in today's Dallas Morning News that Bill Davis has canned Villenueve and replaced him with Mike Skinner.

Izzit true?

yes..................and he qualified good...............
    SENسR MODERATOR......

"Better To Be Judged By Twelve Than Carried By Six"
    " Only Those Who Will Risk Going Too Far....Can Possibly Find Out How Far One Can Go "...T.S. Elliot....

Comment

Yep. It was announced right after the Daytona 500.
      "It was actually fun, because you're back fully driving again in these trucks. Ninety percent of the tracks we go to in the IRL, you're flat-out. I was having to lift off the corners some here." - Buddy Rice

Comment

Yeah, but to me the surprise of the week was Carpentier - 8th today and starting 12th tomorrow.

roach

Comment

I heard that both Skinner and Johnny Benson would be in the 27. Villenueve MIGHT be back in it, if they get a sponsor.

Comment

Originally posted by rrrr
            I saw a blurb in today's Dallas Morning News that Bill Davis has canned Villenueve and replaced him with Mike Skinner.

Izzit true?
            I don't know if canned is the right word. According to Davis he needs to bring in Skinner and then Benson because they both have some sponsorship to bring. Or else the team will have to shut down.

From Nascar.com
            "[Villeneuve] has all the tools in the world to be successful down here, we just have to have money to do it on," Davis said. "The sponsorship dollars have just not come -- they haven't been there and they're not there. We've got some little [sponsorship] deals for these other guys that can get us along for a short period of time.
            "I promise you, if [Villeneuve] called tomorrow and had a sponsor, we'd be all set to go."

Comment

Jack got replaced because he looked terrible.
              IRL 2009: "Cars you can't see, driven by drivers you have never heard of, on a network you don't get"

"I'd hire your grandmother, if she brought a budget"- Bankrupt Indy Car team owner Tyler Tadevic, to Curt Cavin in December, on the tough standards he looks for when "hiring" driver talent.

Comment

So all 3 are ride buyers ?
                SENسR MODERATOR......

"Better To Be Judged By Twelve Than Carried By Six"
                " Only Those Who Will Risk Going Too Far....Can Possibly Find Out How Far One Can Go "...T.S. Elliot....

Comment

Originally posted by dog-ring
                  Are you allowed to say that in speaking of NASCAR?

Comment

Not so much. Benson and Skinner are Davis' regular Truck drivers, and there's no "buying" there.

As I speculated earlier, there may be a PITA factor with Villeneuve that detracts from any willingness to run him without a sponsor.
                    "It was actually fun, because you're back fully driving again in these trucks. Ninety percent of the tracks we go to in the IRL, you're flat-out. I was having to lift off the corners some here." - Buddy Rice

Comment

Originally posted by Racewriter
                      As I speculated earlier, there may be a PITA factor with Villeneuve ...
                      Major Brain F.A.R.T. on my part....PITA ????
                      But that's just my opinion!

Comment

Originally posted by jetdoc
                        Major Brain F.A.R.T. on my part....PITA ????
                        Pain In The ....

Comment

Originally posted by Racewriter
                          Pain In The ....
                          Skinner kicked a$$!!!!!!
                          www.dulcetroad.com

My Band's website!!!!

Comment

Based on everything I have read related to the subject, yes.

Comment

Hmm. I'd be surprised if Bill Davis was charging two CTS drivers on his payroll for the privilege of driving a mediocre Cup car. It just doesn't make sense because Skinner and Benson have both been there and done that--Cup racing that is.
                              No man can cause more grief than that one clinging blindly to the vices of his ancestors. - William Faulkner

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X