Please help a new NASCAR fan.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Please help a new NASCAR fan.

OK, so actually not quite new, but the ICS forum has been flooded with a bunch of whackos (all seemingly with fairly low post numbers) that say things like a driver bringing $$ is more important than talent, and that Jeff Gordon isn't really that good of a driver (so it's OK he went to NASCAR), and the ICS should adopt a turbo formula because they sound really neat.

I swear I will stay out of the ICS forum if you accept me here.
    A book fell on my head, and I only have my shelf to blame.

I've noticed the same thing about the Indy Car forum the last couple weeks too! But you don't have to stay out of that forum - we still have a small voice!

I will say the people on this forum do have open minds - they let me post & I'm an unrepentant Dale Jr. fan! Not many people on this forum are brave enough to admit that - so flame away, guys!
    #BCForever

Comment

Originally posted by Liz
      I've noticed the same thing about the Indy Car forum the last couple weeks too! But you don't have to stay out of that forum - we still have a small voice!

I will say the people on this forum do have open minds - they let me post & I'm an unrepentant Dale Jr. fan! Not many people on this forum are brave enough to admit that - so flame away, guys!
      Hey, it is fun to have a single driver to pull for above others. Even if it is the most popular driver. (kidding)

Other than a few races a year, I had not watched much NASCAR for about 5-6 years before Kenseth made it up to the Cup level. Having a local guy to pull for made it more fun. As much as I love the ICS, I haven't had a favorite driver at Indy to that degree since the first lap of '95 and it has been even longer since I had a favorite driver with a full time ride. I like plenty of the drivers in the ICS, but none above all others. With the cup races, I still enjoy them when Matt is out, but they are definitely more fun when he is doing well. Thankfully, that is fairly often.

Edit to add - to the original poster, it bugs the heck out of me when fellow ICS fans deride the Cup drivers. My love of that series doesn't change the fact that the most money (not even close) is in NASCAR and, as such, the majority of the best drivers in the US end up there because of that. They have more dates, more cars and more money. Doesn't mean I think it is a better series, but it definitely gets to pick its drivers to a larger degree than OW does at this time.
      Eff LBD!

Comment

I watch and enjoy both ICS and NASCAR equally. They are different but so what? It is silly to get uptight about it.
        Davydd (Anglicized Welsh name for David...that's all)
        Certified BPT Taster Pursuing Pork Tenderloin Sandwiches
        Long lost Speedway Sparkplug thrashing about in the deep woods of Minnesota

Comment

Originally posted by Davydd
          I watch and enjoy both ICS and NASCAR equally. They are different but so what? It is silly to get uptight about it.
          I support this point of view. I was equally supportive of CCWS too before they went belly up. Same goes for the Atlantics and ALMS. What can I say, I like things that drive fast and make loud noises.

Comment

Originally posted by Davydd
            Man, you are way too well balanced. You need help!
            "George Bignotti's Sinmast Wildcat (Designed by Bob Riley); delicately built, carefully prepared and boldly driven by Gordon Johncock." -- Keith Jackson

Comment

Originally posted by athletics68
              I support this point of view. I was equally supportive of CCWS too before they went belly up. Same goes for the Atlantics and ALMS. What can I say, I like things that drive fast and make loud noises.
              +1
              Some fans claim one series or another runs "real race cars." What's everybody else running, fake race cars? :confused:

INDYCAR - NOW IZODIER THAN EVER!

my blog ... I'm not a big fat woodchuck, I'm THE big fat woodchuck.

Comment

Originally posted by Liz

Liz, your post has given me the courage to step up and admit that

I to am a HUGE Dale Jr. fan as well.

Comment

Originally posted by Farkle
                  Liz, your post has given me the courage to step up and admit that

I to am a HUGE Dale Jr. fan as well.
                  Do you guys have more cars in your back yard than your driveway?

Comment

Originally posted by fasteddy

Don't give them a chance to brag!
                    Some people will do nearly anything in order to be able to not do anything.

Comment

Originally posted by fasteddy
                      Sorry to disappoint, just one car, all my teeth, and a college degree!
                      #BCForever

Comment

Originally posted by Liz
                        So YOU'RE the one!

Comment

Originally posted by Liz
                          Well ya got me on the teeth Liz!!

Comment

What's wrong with being a Dale Junior fan?

He's a cool guy, he likes the fans, and he's pretty good.

nothing wrong with that.

Comment

Nothing's wrong with being a Jr fan...he has talent...

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X