XPLEX - Portland, IN

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• XPLEX - Portland, IN

It was just posted on the usacfans.com message board that the new track in Portland, IN (XPLEX) has big open wheel plans for 2006. Already booked is a two day ASCoC show Apr. 7-8. Later this month there will be testing on the 5/8 track for dirt Silver Crown, 410 sprint, dirt late models, and possibly another class or two. They are looking at scheduling all divisions of USAC for 2006 from Silver Crown right down to Focus midgets. More details as they become available.
    Dwight Clock

Here is their web site.

http://www.x-plexpark.com/

Kinda sparse so far but they are expecting big things out there?
    aXe
    Born Again Race Fan seen at
    www.openwheelracers3.com

Comment

From on the map it appears to not be to far from Eldora? You think they will be fighting over fans, Might this be the reason Earle finely sold out?
      aXe
      Born Again Race Fan seen at
      www.openwheelracers3.com

Comment

I doubt that this had anything to do with Earle calling it quits, although it is possible. Portland is about 30 minutes from Eldora to the west and slightly north. I pass through it coming from Marion, IN. to Eldora. I heard today that there is a commitment of 40 million for the entire complex. This year they had motocross, a concert, and have a truck event scheduled for this month. The 10,000 seats they have for the oval are aluminum and have backs. I plan on going sometime next week to have a look. Will post anything I find out.
        Dwight Clock

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
        Working...
        X