X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dude gets the team!!

Things that make you go hmmm!

Las Vegas Review Journal

LASOSKI TEAM -- Previous reports that Tony Stewart released longtime friend Danny Lasoski as driver for Stewart's winged sprint car team weren't completely accurate.

While Lasoski, the 2001 World of Outlaws champion, will not be driving for Stewart next year, a source close to Tony Stewart Motorsports said Stewart handed operation of the entire sprint car team over to Lasoski.

I have heard three different people say that this report is inaccurate. We shall see.
    Dwight Clock

Comment

We have seen. The team is Tony's. He is moving it to Indy to house with his USAC operation. He will help Lasoski until he lands with another team. That is straight from Smokes mouth.
      Dwight Clock

Comment

Originally posted by dwcremax
        We have seen. The team is Tony's. He is moving it to Indy to house with his USAC operation. He will help Lasoski until he lands with another team. That is straight from Smokes mouth.
        I have not seen it yet but the dude was on Wind Tunnel tonight and I am reading that he said that Tony sold him the team for $1.

Comment

The interview was on "NASCAR this morning" on SPEED. In a response to a question from Kenny Wallace Smoke said that he had released Lasoski from the team. He said nothing about selling him the team. In fact, he stated that he was moving the team to Indiana to house it with his USAC operation. Stewart also stated that he was going to help Lasoski until he landed with another team. Quite different from what Lasoski said on Wind Tunnel.
          Dwight Clock

Comment

On WT Dave Despain asked Danny about a statement Tony made some time back about the two splitting up, in which Tony was Quoted as saying He would sell Danny the Team for One Dollar. And Danny said YES Tony was a man of his word and Did in fact sell the Dude all the existing equipment for $1.00! Of course that does not include the Sponsorships with the exception of the decals that are currently stuck to side of the cars.
            Tony plans on moving his Team (which until he buys new equipment is just a name-"Tony Stewart Racing") back to Indy.
            It's a non wing thing...........................you wouldn't understand
            My YouTube racing video's
            www.QueenCityMotorsports.com

Comment

I'd venture to guess that Tony didn't give him the motors in the deal either. Mopar probably owns those babies. Same might be said for the hauler too, probably just leased from someone. So that would only leave the cars and spare parts. Not nearly enough to race with.

Comment

Originally posted by Tim 65
                I'd venture to guess that Tony didn't give him the motors in the deal either. Mopar probably owns those babies. Same might be said for the hauler too, probably just leased from someone. So that would only leave the cars and spare parts. Not nearly enough to race with.
                A buck just don't go as far as it used to!
                "The older I get, the faster I used to be!"

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
                Working...
                X