X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Blood headed your Way, And He has Talent also! Known as L'il rim

Stolen from the Little Rim Web site.
    aXe
    Chuck Gurney Jr. Leaves the Golden State for Indiana - By Troy Hennig - Chico, CA. 10/19/05.

Third generation driver Chuck Gurney Jr. of Livermore, CA is packing his bags and following a life long dream. Gurney Jr. will race in his final California event next weekend at the Trophy Cup in Tulare. After that race he is set to move to Brownsburg, IN where he will start working at East Enterprises (Beast Chassis) as a car assembler. Obviously, building Beast Chassis is only part of the reason for his move. Gurney Jr. is ready to land a U.S.A.C ride in 2006. Teams in Indiana are currently scouting him and are realizing his potential. "I want to pursue a dream of mine since I was a little boy and run the three premiere National U.S.A.C. divisions," said an excited Gurney Jr.

Gurney Jr. started racing in 1988 at the age of five. Three years later he became a Grand National Quarter Midget Champion. From there he progressed into 250cc and 600cc Micro Midgets. Starting in 1999, Gurney Jr. moved into the Bay Cities Racing Association. He spent the next three years winning numerous midget races. In 2002, he stepped into a winged sprint car. Success came early and often. Gurney Jr. spent most of his time racing the Northern California bullring dirt tracks. He finished in the top five of the ultra competitive Civil War Series twice. In 2005, he continued his charge in the Civil War while also racing at Placerville Speedway. The month of August was his best when he won three main events in a row to close out the season. In October, Gurney Jr. drove his first non-wing sprint car at a two-day show in Chico, CA. Gurney Jr. responded by turning the fastest lap in qualifying and setting a track record at Silver Dollar Speedway. He was very impressive in only his first weekend in a non-wing sprint car proving he has the skills to run with a wing or without.

Chuck Gurney Jr. is molded into the perfect racecar driver. He has long roots in racing. His grandfather Gene Gurney ran with the B.C.R.A. in the fifty's and sixty's. Gurney Jr.'s father is widely respected as one of the greatest open wheel drivers in our era. He was elected into the National Sprint Car Hall of Fame in June of 2004. His father was known as the "rim rider" in his day and age. When Gurney Jr. was two weeks old he was given his own nickname, "lil rim." He repeatedly lives up to his nickname as one of the hardest chargers on the top of the racetrack. In 2003, "lil rim" earned the Hard Charger Award for the entire Civil War Series.

Gurney Jr. is currently house shopping in Brownsburg, IN. He is set on making his dreams come true. "I am going to miss California a lot, but it's time to move on," said Gurney Jr. "I have some family members in Indiana and I just felt it was time to make the change. Hopefully this will lead to bigger and better things."

You want to learn more about L'il Rim go here,
    www.chuckgurney.com
    aXe
    Last edited by aXe; 11-06-2005, 09:20 AM. Reason: tacky opening title
    Born Again Race Fan seen at
    www.openwheelracers3.com

You guys treat this Kid right and He will sure put on a show for you. As they say He is a chip off the old block and right up on the Cushion if he can find one that isnt flattened out by those big tires
    aXe
    Born Again Race Fan seen at
    www.openwheelracers3.com

Comment

Bring him on!! We'll be glad to see him and hope he does well. He will have to adjust to our dry/slick tracks, but who's to say he can't?

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
      Working...
      X