ARDC Midgets

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ARDC Midgets

I was quite pleased to see that the ARDC midgets will be racing at Susquehanna Speedway eight times next year. They will be with the Super Sportsman on Friday nights at most of those shows, and be the feature presentation on the soon to be famous "Candy Bowl".

And to this past weekend's Candy Bowl (my last race of the year.) Eight classes of cars, highlighted by the ARDC and micro sprints. 146 total cars-features only, except qualifying by the midgets and micro sprints. Cold, windy, and sunny, yet the track held up beautifully- great battles throughout most of the features, and some dicey racing by the midgets. Mike Miller won the midget feature- too cold to remember the rest of the order except Ray Bull in fifth. There was one USAC rookie driver there by the last name of Loyette, I believe. First time ever at Susky and was running second and gaining when something broke and he hit the turn one wall hard. All the way from Missouri too. And 17 years old. He is going to have a future that's for sure.

Anyhow, this was a very good evening of racing, and one that I feel will become a very good event. I just had the feeling that I was at the first of what someday will be a big thing. I don't feel like that about most things, but for some reason this Candy Bowl race has a good ring about it.
    "Freedom, just around the corner from you,
    With truth so far off what good would it do?"

Bob Dylan- "Jokerman"

The eight shows at Susky combined with the plan to go wingless all season puts the ARDC in a great position heading into 2006. I plan on catching a show or two on my trips east next summer.
    Dwight Clock

Comment

Originally posted by dwcremax
      ...plan to go wingless all season...
      "He went into a tire barrier, which is certainly the nicest of all the barriers." -Bobby Unser, Denver '90

Comment

I too am glad to see ARDC going wingless. I'll have to make plans to get up to Susky and see they run up there. Have seen them race wingless at Lincoln a couple time and love those shows. I've not been to a race at Susky sinne Vince tried to run that place under. From what I've heard they are really tunring the place around!
        "If you don't do it this year, you'll be another year older when you do"

http://davidm.smugmug.com/

Comment

Originally posted by DavidM
          I've not been to a race at Susky sinne Vince tried to run that place under. From what I've heard they are really tunring the place around!
          Check out the November issue of Speedway Illustrated. There is an excellent feature article on Susky.
          Dwight Clock

Comment

Very cool, I'll have to try and get down to a show or two. We're working on a deal to run at least half the Xtreme Stock races at Susky next year after having to sit out this year, so hopefully I'll be down there a lot in 2006.

Is it May yet ?

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
            Working...
            X