May God forgive me

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• May God forgive me

Last outdoor race of the year today for me, and most likely the last race period. The 17th Halloween 200 at Salem was today and again Chuck Barnes Sr. won. 88 cars and Chuck started 85th.

There were 2 red flags and Chuck was caught up in both. In the 1st there was quite a barbecue doiwn by turn one. Luckily no one was hurt. Chuck's car looked like an open wheel modified after this one. Unlike in NASCAR the crew was allowed to fix it during the red, which lasted maybe 35 minutes. He was also in the 2nd, brief, red flag stoppage, but had very little damage.

No, it wasn't sprint cars; it wasn't even late models. But...it was Salem and these big beasts are not easy to drive, especially with all the traffic out there and the squirrels as well.

Even with the red flags, the race lasted only 3 hours. At $15 it was money well spent I'd say.

Well Danny at least it was a nice day for it. The leaves were probably real colorful. I hope you had fun. Sounds alot like last years race, I think I lost track of the leaders about 10 laps in. Hope you change your mind about Monte Carlo nite! Tell your better half that I will miss picking on her(and receiving it too) I would have never guessed that she could sing (Sorry couldnt help it

Comment

Eighty-fifth to the lead & win? Next year they should start him last, a lap behind. My hat's off to him!
      Dwight Clock

Comment

As a friend has so aptly pointed out, this was to be my last race for 2005 only, not "period." I need a better editor here. Certainly not myself.

JH, my wife has sung for, uh, a lot of years. Ask her how many. Soprano for a long time, but now has slipped down to alto. In order to preserve domestic tranquility, I'd better go see her sing.

It is tough to keep track of the leaders for that race. The scorebord helps. But with the bright sunshine yesterday that was a problem, albeit a good one to have. The weather was great as was the scenic drive to get there. Even with 2 red flags the race only took a bit over 3 hours.

Dwight, what with the huge disparity in speed, lots of passing goes on, as racefan20 can tell you. Chuck had to be lucky of course, but was very good too. You have to admire a guy who will not give up, get his car fixed, and come back to win. I've talked to him a couple of times and he seems like a nice guy too. Chuck Barnes is .

Comment

Originally posted by DannyB

There were 2 red flags and Chuck was caught up in both. In the 1st there was quite a barbecue doiwn by turn one. Luckily no one was hurt. Chuck's car looked like an open wheel modified after this one. Unlike in NASCAR the crew was allowed to fix it during the red, which lasted maybe 35 minutes. He was also in the 2nd, brief, red flag stoppage, but had very little damage.
          photo of the Barbecue, thanks to Kentucky Dirt

More Halloween 200 photos
          It's a non wing thing...........................you wouldn't understand
          My YouTube racing video's
          www.QueenCityMotorsports.com

Comment

Thanks, Keith. By the way, that blue and white car next to the burning red car is the winner's car.

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
            Working...
            X