New Silver Crown, by happyscrappy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Silver Crown, by happyscrappy

Just something I was playing around with tonight. My take on the nose, if they must have Humpy bumpers.

"He went into a tire barrier, which is certainly the nicest of all the barriers." -Bobby Unser, Denver '90

It's an improvement over the original. In fact, the nose with the kickups in the front reminds me a little of some like that that ran on a few of the 1970s Eagles.

Comment

Where will you put the head light decals on that thing?

If they went with some thing like that it may actually save the car for me.

Outlaw

Comment

BTW, there is a picture of the Devin built NSC (New Silver Crown) car in this week's National Speed Sport News. I didn't think it was possible but it is even uglier than the original USAC prototype car that was on display at the PRI show last year. NASCAR may really want these cars to suceed and they certainly have enough money and sponsors to make it happen. But, man, these cars look awful. They are trying to make a stock car/modified out of a true open wheel RACE CAR. No matter how hard they try it's hard to come up with anything that reminds you of the original Silver Crown/Champ Dirt cars. In fact, USAC and NASCAR should quit calling these cars open wheeled at all. They are not even as open wheeled at pavement modifieds used to be.

Comment

This is what you get when NASCAR is the de-facto top rung in the US OW system
          Quando Omni Flunkus Moritati

Comment

Happyscrappy.....Good effort but that doesn't save it. Lose the goofy nose and the side things and try again. You might eliminate those down tubes too....reminds me of a Tree Farmer.
            "It's not the split, it's not the lack of marketing, it's not the days the races run on, it's the product." Tommy Kendall

"....and the DRIVERS are the product !" SJFast

Comment

Originally posted by SJFast
              Happyscrappy.....Good effort but that doesn't save it. Lose the goofy nose and the side things and try again. You might eliminate those down tubes too....reminds me of a Tree Farmer.

I meant it to look like what was actually being built, but with a bit more attractive nose. Mainly, I was bored and wanted to build a 3d model of something.

I was going to make something that was more of my vision of what they should be doing, but my weekend got taken up, maybe tomorrow or later in the week.
              "He went into a tire barrier, which is certainly the nicest of all the barriers." -Bobby Unser, Denver '90

Comment

Here's a look I've become fond of...

"It's not the split, it's not the lack of marketing, it's not the days the races run on, it's the product." Tommy Kendall

"....and the DRIVERS are the product !" SJFast

Comment

How about something like this:

Too roadsterized?

And because side pods and bumpers suck:

Comment

happy Scrappy - who can we get to build it. That roadsterized version minus the junk (side pods & nose) is something that would really be eye catching.

Comment

I'm with SJFast....What a great picture! Sure glad I have some similar ones hanging on my wall!!
                      RacerRich

Good judgement comes from experience, and a lotta that comes from bad judgement.

Comment

Is this where the idea came from

NASCAR has released photos of the car of tomorrow. Could htis be where the thoughts behind the new Silver Crown Car came from?

NASCAR Car Of Tomorrow

Comment

Originally posted by taz70739
                          NASCAR has released photos of the car of tomorrow. Could htis be where the thoughts behind the new Silver Crown Car came from?

NASCAR Car Of Tomorrow
                          The New Silver Crown was sketched on the back of a cocktail napkin in 1998 by Humpy Wheeler in the NASCAR room of the Streamline Hotel.

This is what you get when NASCAR has become the de-facto top rung for US OW Racing
                          Quando Omni Flunkus Moritati

Comment

Originally posted by taz70739

Actually, the new "car of tomorrow" looks like they took the ugly "greenhouse" off of the nascar daytona prototype grand am cars and glued it onto their stock car body............

http://indyroadsters.webs.com/
                            http://macmillersgarage.webs.com/
                            http://www.youtube.com/user/macmiller46241

I love any race car whose last name is "Special"

Comment

SJFast, how did you know what I have for my desktop backgroud?
                              "It is a besetting vice of democracies to substitute public opinion for law. This is the usual form in which masses of men exhibit their tyranny." - James Fenimore Cooper

"One man with courage is a majority." - Thomas Jefferson

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X