Need Help - Where Was I?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need Help - Where Was I?

In re-organizing my old photo albums, I came across three pictures dated July 18, 1983.The tickets stubs say "Quad City Speedway". For the life of me, I can't place this track! Can anyone help? (I'll just post links to the pics)

TIA.

roach
    Last edited by roach; 01-21-2014, 07:32 PM.

I'd say you should be back here in the Midwest. Would be good to see you again at Eldora, or wherever, big guy.

Quad Cities? Isn't a group of 4 cities on the Illinois/Iowa border? Hope that helps.

Comment

http://www.quadcityspeedway.com/ ?
      Life's too short to worry/Life's too long to wait
      Too short not to love everybody/Life's too long to hate

"There are a number of very knowledgeable and entertaining race fans here. There are also a number of morons. Your job is to figure out which is which." - Rev-Ed

Comment

Yeah Danny - it was the Midwest. It had to be somewhere in the Tri-State area (OH-MI-IN). It may have been McCutchenville, but that would mean the pics from later that summer are mis-labeled. When Baltes was expanding his empire and buying tracks, what other ones did he pick up? I think it was Findlay (FlagCity), Lima and one other one. It kinda looks like Findlay, but the cars are pitted on the outside.

roach

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
        Working...
        X