No announcement yet.

Chili Bowl 2022

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lots of good racing - Justin Grant held off Kyle Larson in the VIROC, while Tanner Carrick wins the A then immediately flips because he was running with a tire down. Crazy action all over the field and an impressive run from the 13 year old kid in the mix, finishing 8th in the A and getting himself into the Saturday B main.

Comment

Heats have been completed by 7:15 ET tonight. I still bet their is less than a 20% chance they get the feature started within the next 3.5 hours though.

Comment

ALLEGEDLY, this will be over by 1030pm cst. Sure it will.

Surprise! Kyle Larson is fast. The announcers are talking about how Donny Schatz is basically being slept on and that tells you all you need to know about how stacked this race is.

Comment

Originally posted by JMB View Post
          Heats have been completed by 7:15 ET tonight. I still bet their is less than a 20% chance they get the feature started within the next 3.5 hours though.
          And they missed it. Of course, there was a car in the fence and then a whole bunch of messiness including a fist fight that went poorly for the initiator.

Comment

Buddy Kofoid makes the pass after the last yellow and beats Kyle Larson in the A tonight. Windom nearly bumped Larson to starting in the B but Larson got him back inside of two to go.

Comment

Originally posted by KevMcNJ View Post
              Do they get too many entries?

Thoughts?
              Sure makes for long days. You've worked events. I believe hot laps Sunday (or was it Monday?) started at sun up, or slightly before. 16-20 hour days for staff and teams are probably the norm.
              "For in the final analysis, our most basic common link is that we all inhabit this small planet. We all breathe the same air, we all cherish our children's future, and we are all mortal".

John Kennedy at American University 1963

"Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man's character, give him power"

A. Lincoln

Comment

Ya think tempers get a little short?
                Live like Dave

Comment

Originally posted by VirtualBalboa View Post

And they missed it. Of course, there was a car in the fence and then a whole bunch of messiness including a fist fight that went poorly for the initiator.
                  Yeah, when they had finally got the car out of the fence, but knew they would have put the fence back together I figured that was a sign I should go to sleep and watch the rest this morning.

Comment

Definitely some light weight tubing: https://twitter.com/1sam91/status/1481642975608250384
                    "He went into a tire barrier, which is certainly the nicest of all the barriers." -Bobby Unser, Denver '90

Comment

After watching the Chili Bowl and Tulsa Shootout the past 2 years, you cannot convince me that the officials there don't do "extra" track prep when certain teams need more time to make repairs. And I am talking way more than an additional 5 minutes or so.

Comment

Originally posted by WatsonOffy View Post
                        My cable provider does not offer MAVTV. Does anyone know where I can watch for free?

Nowhere live for free, have to subscribe to Flo Racing

There are exceptions. They do stream some live hot laps and heat races on their YouTube channel.

They had in car footage from Buddy Kofoid's car when he beat Kyle Larson in one of the A mains during the week. I've been watching whatever they post up on YouTube and have seen enough to get my fix.

There is a fan that has been posting full A mains shot from turn 3 and 4 on a YouTube channel as well.
                        "George Bignotti's Sinmast Wildcat (Designed by Bob Riley); delicately built, carefully prepared and boldly driven by Gordon Johncock." -- Keith Jackson

Comment

Famous guys are flying through the air: Ferrucci got concussed yesterday in hot laps, Conor rode over the berm and now he's "retired from midget racing", and Chase Eliiott went about 15 feet up the fence in turn 3. The runs from Swindell and Klaasmeyer were fantastic; shame they ended the way they did (Swindell broke, Klaasmeyer just trapped in the worst heat that constantly had yellows).

Comment

KevMcJ called it at the beginning of this thread. The track on the final night is pretty whipped and not nearly as good as earlier in the week or even earlier in the day.
                            "Charging a man with murder here was like handing out speeding tickets at the Indy 500."- Capt. Willard, Apocolypse Now
                            "Ain't nuthin' like [being with a woman], 'cept maybe the Indy 500."- Bunny, Platoon
                            "To alcohol! The cause of- and solution to- all of life's problems."- Homer J. Simpson

Comment

Originally posted by Stick500 View Post
                              KevMcJ called it at the beginning of this thread. The track on the final night is pretty whipped and not nearly as good as earlier in the week or even earlier in the day.
                              LOL I was coming to post that. Kind of a sad way to get people into dirt racing with all the big names and a one lane parade around the inside.

Comment

Kaylee Bryson did a good job of using the top to come from 10th to get the lead in B Main #1 before dropping to the bottom to secure the win.
                                First female to make an A Main.
                                Forget who NASCAR is pushing as their next Danica, this young lady is the real thing.
                                jandj
                                Member #66
                                Last edited by jandj; 01-16-2022, 12:09 AM.
                                “With the help of God and true friends, I come to realize
                                I still got two strong legs, even wings to fly
                                I ain’t wastin’ time no more...”

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X