2021 World of Outlaws

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by KevMcNJ View Post
    We had free tickets for the Sunday portion land in our laps last night.

Single file for the most part as expected but it was still a very entertaining show.

Time trials was fun watching the track record tumble.
    Daytime racing is difficult on dirt nowadays. 90% or more of Outlaw and other sprint car racing is at night. It's also difficult to prepare a track properly after a hard rain. Also certain chemicals are banned by local authorities or by the EPA. Certain chemicals were used to keep moisture in the track up until around 1980.
    IMO, nothing is more entertaining than sprint cars on a high banked 1/2 mile track, oh and with wings.
    Have a very blessed day!

Comment

Originally posted by PHJIndy View Post

It seems that the eastern teams tend to stay home a lot more than teams from other parts of the Country. The Pennsylvania Posse for example stay home for even the big events, like the Kings Royal. It's interesting that the winner of both nights was David Gravel and he's from the east.
      And modified and big block racing has always been big in the east, more than sprint car racing.
      Theres a reason they're called the Posse Porch Sitters.

We always had trouble getting more than a handful to come to NJ for special 410 shows.

Except for special events Big blocks literally stop once you go South of Delaware Intl. Speedway.
      Live like Dave

Comment

Theres a reason they're called the Posse Porch Sitters.

We always had trouble getting more than a handful to come to NJ for special 410 shows.

Except for special events Big blocks literally stop once you go South of Delaware Intl. Speedway.
        The sponsors and purses where they are happen to be just fine. Tough to argue with the crowds those places are able to draw week after week. I don't blame them.

Comment

Originally posted by VirtualBalboa View Post

The sponsors and purses where they are happen to be just fine. Tough to argue with the crowds those places are able to draw week after week. I don't blame them.
          Exactly.
          why tow 200, 400 or 500 miles one way when you can tow 10?
          Live like Dave

Comment

Originally posted by PHJIndy View Post

It seems that the eastern teams tend to stay home a lot more than teams from other parts of the Country. The Pennsylvania Posse for example stay home for even the big events, like the Kings Royal. It's interesting that the winner of both nights was David Gravel and he's from the east.
            And modified and big block racing has always been big in the east, more than sprint car racing.
            The WOO races(the sprints last week and late models a few weeks ago) were invite only. Outlaws kind of publicly tried to claim it was for "safety", but quite a few people behind the scenes said it was so they could fit all the haulers in the infield and so they would not have to run a ton of heats which would cause a longer show. The invite was supposed to be about 44 cars for the LM' and Sprints, but less than 30 showed up. A bunch guys declined their invitation. Probably because they knew the weekend would be tough on engines and equipment. Pretty sure one team blew 2 or 3 engines last weekend. For the Late Models they seemed to have lot of suspension\wheel issues to the point that the race leader and series point leader both appeared to have the same failure on the same lap of the race. In the Late Models, many of the Lucas Oil Series drivers turned down the invite. For the Sprints, most of the PA, Knoxville, and even a few of the All Stars turned it down. There also seemed to be a couple Sprint guys that seemed suspect and could have been last minute invites so they would have full fields.

Comment

Exactly.
              why tow 200, 400 or 500 miles one way when you can tow 10?
              I also think about it from a fan perspective. When I tune into races at Port Royal on Flo, I'm seeing an nearly ASCOC level of sprint car race as their weekly series. Man, that rules! I get excited when 12 late models show up to my 1/4 mile track, much less something like that every single week.

Comment

I also think about it from a fan perspective. When I tune into races at Port Royal on Flo, I'm seeing an nearly ASCOC level of sprint car race as their weekly series. Man, that rules! I get excited when 12 late models show up to my 1/4 mile track, much less something like that every single week.
                The field at Port would be even better when you think about the fact that Lincoln is running at the same time and they get some really good cars there too. I don't blame the local teams for not towing out much but I wish they would do so more. It isn't my money being spent though. Nowadays I find myself basically only heading out to races that are either only wingless or has the USAC East Coast on the schedule. I guess I am burned out on winged racing and prefer the artistry of wingless Sprint cars and midgets more. The USAC East Coast series is certainly on the rise. They are a 360 series but when the big boys were just here a few of them put in a 410 and were damn competitive. This is the series I will actually find myself travelling to see whereas the local winged shows I am skipping more and more.
                "Freedom, just around the corner from you,
                With truth so far off what good would it do?"

Bob Dylan- "Jokerman"

Comment

I love non-wing sprints.

But I grew up with the wings so that's my thing.
                  Live like Dave

Comment

I love non-wing sprints.

But I grew up with the wings so that's my thing.
                    Same here. All my life it was winged sprints although my very first race I went to when I was like 5 years old was a USAC Sprint Car race. Maybe that is where it comes from. Actually for years there was no wingless racing in Central PA except for the ARDC midgets...you know all of this already...but FINALLY there is a choice that can be made for which I am so thankful for. I still go to local shows (especially if my brother wants to get some photos) and I enjoy them as well but damn the wingless guys are fun to watch!

Bob Dylan- "Jokerman"

Comment

Originally posted by mvc View Post

The field at Port would be even better when you think about the fact that Lincoln is running at the same time and they get some really good cars there too. I don't blame the local teams for not towing out much but I wish they would do so more. It isn't my money being spent though. Nowadays I find myself basically only heading out to races that are either only wingless or has the USAC East Coast on the schedule. I guess I am burned out on winged racing and prefer the artistry of wingless Sprint cars and midgets more. The USAC East Coast series is certainly on the rise. They are a 360 series but when the big boys were just here a few of them put in a 410 and were damn competitive. This is the series I will actually find myself travelling to see whereas the local winged shows I am skipping more and more.
                      The challenge of living with an embarassment of riches!

Comment

The challenge of living with an embarassment of riches!
                        Hey I lived in Louisiana for years where there was zero sprint car racing so it is one of the few perks of moving back to PA that there was.

Bob Dylan- "Jokerman"

Comment

Thursday night results from Jacksonville Speedway:
                          https://worldofoutlaws.com/schedule/.../?event=333961
                          Race review:
                          World of Outlaws NOS Energy Drink Sprint Cars at I-70 Motorsports Park April 30, 2021 | HIGHLIGHTS - YouTube
                          Last edited by PHJIndy; 05-01-2021, 09:00 AM.
                          Have a very blessed day!

Comment

Friday night results from I70 Motorsports Park:
                            Event Info | World of Outlaws
                            Have a very blessed day!

Comment

Saturday night results from I70 Motorsports Park:
                              (Brad Sweeps)
                              Event Info | World of Outlaws
                              Have a very blessed day!

Comment

Are we all just going to ignore the continued antics of Wayne Johnson and Aaron Reutzel? Kicked off with Reutzel throwing a fit about a wreck he was involved in and they've had a couple slap fights since.

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X