2020 Kings Royal

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2020 Kings Royal

There will be no 2020 Kings Royal. I just received notice that the 37th annual Kings Royal will be in July 2021. More later.
    Have a very blessed day!

Here's the announcement from the Eldora website:
    https://speedsport.com/sprints-midge...ushed-to-2021/
    Have a very blessed day!

Comment

Sorry but that's ridiculous. Way to go Ohio.

Comment

Originally posted by CrankShaft View Post
        Sorry but that's ridiculous. Way to go Ohio.
        I disagree. The virus has had a big resurgence in Ohio recently and also the Kings Royal is not just a local event as there are fans from all over. For example the guy next to me flies in from Tampa on Wednesday and leaves on Sunday to get back to work on Monday. A lot of fans from all over. It's a big event.
        This decision doesn't surprise me. I'm only surprised that it was "postponed" so late. This decision should have been made weeks ago.
        Have a very blessed day!

Comment

Boo
          Center Grove Trojans
          2008 5A Football State Champs
          2015 6A Football State Champs
          2011 Track State Champs

Center Grove Jr. Trojans
          2014, 2015 & 2017 IEFA State Champs

Comment

At least Ohio Sprint Speedweek is still on.

"If you don't do it this year, you'll be another year older when you do"

http://davidm.smugmug.com/

Comment

Knoxville is supposed to announce what is happening with the nationals tomorrow. I don't see it happening with the usual 20ish thousand people if it does at all. With cases on the rise in a lot of states, I suspect a lot of scheduling changes will be coming in terms of canceling and late additions.

Comment

Originally posted by PHJIndy View Post

I disagree. The virus has had a big resurgence in Ohio recently and also the Kings Royal is not just a local event as there are fans from all over. For example the guy next to me flies in from Tampa on Wednesday and leaves on Sunday to get back to work on Monday. A lot of fans from all over. It's a big event.
                This decision doesn't surprise me. I'm only surprised that it was "postponed" so late. This decision should have been made weeks ago.
                Ohio is pulling the same junk as many other states. Testing people more then once in hospitals and counting all positive tests as "new cases". Counting probables.

Comment

Knoxville is a no go to... well kind of. It won't be the Nationals and there will be a cap of 7000 fans, but they will race that weekend with the World of Outlaws. Just not the Nationals in terms of all the extra events or in name. Better than nothing, but I'm glad we hadn't booked a trip out there this year. I was waiting until my son was a little older before going back. Maybe we'll look into do something new this year.

Comment

Originally posted by vigo003 View Post
                    Knoxville is supposed to announce what is happening with the nationals tomorrow. I don't see it happening with the usual 20ish thousand people if it does at all. With cases on the rise in a lot of states, I suspect a lot of scheduling changes will be coming in terms of canceling and late additions.
                    See the Knoxville Nationals thread.
                    Have a very blessed day!

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X