Florida Speedweeks 2020

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ditto NC & SC.

If my car ever starts to make expensive sounding noises I swear I wil drop anchor so the d*** head riding 10' off my rear bumper can buy me a replacement

Southern drivers suck.

I will never understand why its so hard to understand that drafting on a 45mph two lane road is going to catch up with you sooner or later.
    Live like Dave

Comment

We blame it on the Yankees who moved here to avoid being taxed to death...while freely admitting we have our own share of drivers eat up with the dumbass.
      😜
      With one foot in the grave, and one foot on the pedal, I was born a Rebel.

Comment

Late models on MavTV tonight from Brunswick, GA. I'm hoping the NBC grassroots gold pass is going to have New Smyrna. The $20 yearly price might be worth it for that alone

Tim McCreadie wins tonight. Brandon Overton made a great charge from 19th to second.

Comment

Warm and windy at Volusia today.
          20200206_161334.jpg
          Live like Dave

Comment

I read that Volusia added extra grandstands.

Comment

Originally posted by KevMcNJ View Post
              Last time I was at New Smyrna was like 2011 or so.

I didn't go in.

I wasn't about to pay $35 to see a dozen modifieds go 100 laps.

I heard good things about the car count this year.

Glad to hear its true.
              You would've LOVED the modified show at Bronson Speedway last Saturday.

(joking)

https://racedayct.com/2020/02/modifi...nson-speedway/

ARCHER, Fla. – Tour Type Modifieds came to Bronson Speedway to start the 2020 racing season following winter break.

Making the trip to the warm and sunny Florida weather, six teams came to support Ann Young and her Bronson Speedway. Fans paid $8 to $12 and saw a 50 lap modified shootout. There were only six Modifieds on the track, but there was enough action that fans were on their feet.

Comment

They have had over 30 tour mods both nights at New Smyrna. Great racing both nights. They also had 28 super late models tonight. The racing was outstanding the last two nights.

Comment

Originally posted by vigo003 View Post
                  They have had over 30 tour mods both nights at New Smyrna. Great racing both nights. They also had 28 super late models tonight. The racing was outstanding the last two nights.
                  Yep, which makes the Bronson thing stick out like a sore thumb. Over 30 mods at New Smyrna each night, and only a 6-pack bothered to show up on an off-day the weekend before?

Comment

Too much cost to show up several days early for one extra show and many probably dont want to risk tearing a car up before New Smyrna even begins .
                    Last edited by KevMcNJ; 02-12-2020, 12:10 PM.
                    Live like Dave

Comment

Originally posted by KevMcNJ View Post
                      Too much cost to show up several days early for one extra show and many probably dont want to risk tearing a car up before New Smyrna even begins .
                      In the article that I linked, half the field (all three of them) intimated as much -- suggesting that the race be moved to the Saturday following New Smyrna's races. Run New Smyrna Mon-Fri, and if your car is still in one piece, run Bronson on the way back home. Makes a lot of sense.

Comment

Originally posted by MM658 View Post

In the article that I linked, half the field (all three of them) intimated as much -- suggesting that the race be moved to the Saturday following New Smyrna's races. Run New Smyrna Mon-Fri, and if your car is still in one piece, run Bronson on the way back home. Makes a lot of sense.
                        I was on break. No time to read the link.
                        Live like Dave

Comment

Tour mods finish tonight is basically a dead heat between Hirschman and Nocella. Replays were inconclusive. I'm not sure how they came up with the winner being Nocella. Unbelievable finish.

Comment

Originally posted by vigo003 View Post
                            Tour mods finish tonight is basically a dead heat between Hirschman and Nocella. Replays were inconclusive. I'm not sure how they came up with the winner being Nocella. Unbelievable finish.
                            RacedayCT reports that photos were inconclusive and transponder positioning is not precise enough to use, so they let the flagman make the final call. #92 wins.

EQn6UEwXkAExMNh?format=jpg&name=4096x4096.jpg

Comment

Volusia had a tremendous late model race tonight as well. Lots of cars in the mix for the win and then the winner gets dqed for failing to go to post race tech. Definitely a crazy night.

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X