Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stewart and Blaney dirt racing in NJ 8-20-03

At New Egypt Speedway.

Tony is racing in a match race against the Modified track champions and Blaney will race in a 100 lapper for the Modifieds

Stewart was in the 100 lap race last year too, but was taken out by a questionable move by another driver.

I think he's gotten a little more selective about whom he races against.
    Live like Dave

Tony and Blaney respect their roots.
    Good way to live
    Quando Omni Flunkus Moritati

Comment

Kev, I believe that I read somewhere, maybe in AARN, a few weeks back, that Tony was "forbidden" from running in any races other than the "match" races he has been doing, like out at Williams Grove (only 7 cars in race and Tony & Dave were only finishers). Saw him at the "Valley" last year in their 200. Was competitive until he got together with another (lapped) car, going into one. Twice, Tony attempted to go after the other driver. No damage to his car, but he still did not return to the race, and he left the speedway.

Comment

Tony won the $1000 to win match race last night.

He drew outside pole and was in the lead by lap2.

Supposedly it was legit. The drew for position by picking frisbees which had a strating position on the back. I watched them mix them up so I believe he really did pull #2. Also Doug Hoffman said he was racing to win cuz he wasnt being paid to let anyone win.

The match race had Stewart, Pauch, D Hoffman, K Hoffman,
        Jimmy Horton Brightbill and Blaney in it.

Mike McClaughlin also was there to shake down Tonys ride while he signed auto graphs and thenraced the car in the 100 lapper.

Talking to Magic Shoes before the race he told me he loves these deals and actually said that the other stuff isnt even fun anymore

It was fun & the stands were packed and the fans looked like they had fun too.

Not a bad way to kill a Wednesday night.
        Live like Dave

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
        Working...
        X