Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Biggest day ever for female open wheelers!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Biggest day ever for female open wheelers!

Erin Crocker is qualified for the "A" at Knoxville. IIRC, the previous best had been Sarah Fisher, who didn't make it past the C. This is Erin's second 410 sprint race ever.
    "It was actually fun, because you're back fully driving again in these trucks. Ninety percent of the tracks we go to in the IRL, you're flat-out. I was having to lift off the corners some here." - Buddy Rice

Excellent!!! You go girl!
    The important thing in a military operation is victory, not persistence. Sun Tzu - The Art of War

Let us never forget that we were the ones attacked on 9-11 and over 3000 of our people were killed!!!

buckeyedave.blogspot.com

Comment

Have a very blessed day!

Comment

Major open wheel news
        from a major OW event
        Women are picking up the pace in open wheel and stock-cars
        Tribute to the early pioneers
        some of them "paved the way"
        but Erin don't need no pavement to make her mark
        Quando Omni Flunkus Moritati

Comment

Boy, this sucker got moved quick...
          "It was actually fun, because you're back fully driving again in these trucks. Ninety percent of the tracks we go to in the IRL, you're flat-out. I was having to lift off the corners some here." - Buddy Rice

Comment

40,000 people at the Knoxville Nationals according to Speedtv.

But we don't need to court these people to be fans of the IRL...

Even though 40,000 people in the middle of Iowa does rival attendance at Michigan this year, and nearly triples attendance at California from last year....

I just had to throw this in.

Comment

Originally posted by Racewriter
              Boy, this sucker got moved quick...

I'd give you a bingo,,, but you don't need it,,,, and I know don't want one for this....

Sad,,, Really RW,,,, If you think about it,,,,

I will suggest,,, you don't,,,

An't that little girl a trip,,,,, That's a heavy hitting field,,,, 200 cars show up,,,, 150,000 paid spectators by tonight,,,,, $250.00 bucks for tickets,,,, 200,000 thru the Museum.... in a town of 2500... I got it....
              Yes,,, Yes,,, Tony,,,

Your Grandfather was a friend of Roger Penske,,,

Your Grandfather did business with Roger Penske,,, but

Your Grandfather never trusted Roger Penske,,,

Comment

Too bad I had to give away those top row front stretch tickets I had for you Mr. Big

We get you to come mainland way and we'll hook you up sith somethin' else . . .

Comment

Originally posted by silvercrown
                  40,000 people at the Knoxville Nationals according to Speedtv.

But we don't need to court these people to be fans of the IRL...

Even though 40,000 people in the middle of Iowa does rival attendance at Michigan this year, and nearly triples attendance at California from last year....

I just had to throw this in.
                  Nope. The irl is doing just fine on it's own. Congrats to Lasoski.
                  jZink

Comment

WoO is sold out, or close to it, everywhere it goes and now with new ownership it will be taken to a new level. The King's Royal at Eldora draws over 30,000 every year, also.

As good a production as last night was, seeing them in person is even more gut wrenching. The power from these little machines always just goes to the pit of my very ample stomach.
                    Have a very blessed day!

Comment

All right, Howard. If so, then please unveil that big picture.

Comment

I told you guys before the season to keep an eye on her.

Sure glad to see her do well at Knoxville. Super nice young lady.
                        Dan Schlosser
                        Go fast, turn left !
                        www.tracksideonline.com

"Count all your blessings, just don't keep score...."
                        Mark "Hoot" Marchetti

Comment

40,000?

I sent an E-Mail to Knoxville, asking them what their seating
                          capacity was. They gave me the number as 25,000.

Must have included everyone in the pits & infield.
                          "It is a besetting vice of democracies to substitute public opinion for law. This is the usual form in which masses of men exhibit their tyranny." - James Fenimore Cooper

"One man with courage is a majority." - Thomas Jefferson

Comment

There are a whole lotta people in lawn chairs and on their motor homes!
                            Have a very blessed day!

Comment

Crocker

I've had the pleasure of watching Erin Crocker in her Mike Woodring backed 360 ESS sprint car over the past few years. She's a talented driver and seems to do very well with a wing strapped on the car. She has struggled with getting the handle on running a Crown car and I believe Woodring is attempting to sell their USAC program. They may be buying new equipment???

Either way, I'd love to see her stick with it and I'm sure with a little more seat time, she could be one heck of a Crown driver. She's got a good head on her shoulders and is a graduate of R. Poly-Tech Institute. I've heard that Lynn St. James has also taken an interest in her racing career...
                              "In memory of #17 Ronnie & Dick "Toby" Tobias."

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X