Ford Focus @ Speedrome?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ford Focus @ Speedrome?

I heard a rumor that USAC will be sanctioning the Thursday series at the Speedrome next year for the Ford Focus midgets. Anyone else hear this?

NAMARS put on some good racing there this year.

Rumor says USAC Wednesday and not just Focus. Rumor says info to be released soon. Rumor says promoter will be positive step in "getting things back to what it use to be". Let's see how accurate rumor is.....Wouldn't it be fun if NAMARS stayed with Thursday also.....
    "A word to the wise isn't necessary. It's the stupid ones who need the advice." --Bill Cosby

Comment

The only downside to this is that FFocus seems to be displacing the Kenyon Cars. I was hoping Don and Mel would have a marketing success with the concept of a lower powered spec midget, but Ford/USAC seems to have swept it out from under them.

Professor Joe
      Lost in Indy

"So many of these guys know how to preserve their tires, how to handle traffic and how to win a race. They really deserve to be in Indy cars." - Bob East

Comment

Not sure the Kenyon cars have taken off as much as originally expected, and the Kenyon bros are a part of the USAC FF series, as they are certified builders of the FF Midgets, and field 5 or 6 cars themselves including one for Brice Kenyon.
        It's a non wing thing...........................you wouldn't understand
        My YouTube racing video's
        www.QueenCityMotorsports.com

Comment

Originally posted by itsanonwingthing
          Not sure the Kenyon cars have taken off as much as originally expected, and the Kenyon bros are a part of the USAC FF series, as they are certified builders of the FF Midgets, and field 5 or 6 cars themselves including one for Brice Kenyon.
          Glad that's the case. Still, it is a little different being the originator of an idea that takes off and being allowed to participate in something controlled from the outside - there is no reason why USAC couldn't have institutionalized the KC concept and had the Kenyons on the ground floor. That could have happened two years before Ford got involved.

Professor Joe
          Lost in Indy

"So many of these guys know how to preserve their tires, how to handle traffic and how to win a race. They really deserve to be in Indy cars." - Bob East

Comment

Originally posted by Professor Joe
            Glad that's the case. Still, it is a little different being the originator of an idea that takes off and being allowed to participate in something controlled from the outside - there is no reason why USAC couldn't have institutionalized the KC concept and had the Kenyons on the ground floor. That could have happened two years before Ford got involved.

Big reason KC lost out to the FF. Ford dollars are a lot greener than Kenyon dollars.
            "The older I get, the faster I used to be!"

Comment

Don't forget that the KCars are targeted to the "younger" crowd. The KCars would feed the focus cars. I wouldn't write Don and Mel off yet....News about the speedrome may not be just about the Focus cars.....
              "A word to the wise isn't necessary. It's the stupid ones who need the advice." --Bill Cosby

Comment

Originally posted by $noopy
                Big reason KC lost out to the FF. Ford dollars are a lot greener than Kenyon dollars.
                I agree here, however, regardless of Ford $$$, USAC could have stepped in at the K-car beginning and pushed the series. From the time I heard about the Focus, I though it was a slap in the face of the Kenyons by USAC. Hey, the Kenyons ARE midget racing.

Being the gentlmen they are, however, Mel and Don have jumped right in and field 4 immaculate Focus cars.

Tom Eidemiller
                Knoxville TN
                Please visit the tribute to my longtime friend Mel Kenyon

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
                Working...
                X