Midwest Supermodofieds at Toledo.....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Midwest Supermodofieds at Toledo.....

Sunday night and AJ Davis gets his first victory!!!!!!!

Leading the rookie points and just 10 behind for ythe championship with 3 to go.

Go AJ!!!!!!!
    Third Gen Indy Fan

Re: Midwest Supermodofieds at Toledo.....

Originally posted by irlrules98
    Sunday night and AJ Davis gets his first victory!!!!!!!

Leading the rookie points and just 10 behind for ythe championship with 3 to go.

Go AJ!!!!!!!
    Great win for the rookie #19
    Did you notice the red #61 breathing-in Canadian Dave McNight's second place methanol. Another racing Schulz (Charlie) on the move in an exciting and competitive mid-West series.

Keep that sideloader busy 98. Glad you had a good side"winder" race to see.
    carl s
    Indio, CA
    Quando Omni Flunkus Moritati

Comment

Huh, I was wondering where AJ went. Haven't heard about him this year. Great to see him on top!

Does he still work for Panther?
      Dan Schlosser
      Go fast, turn left !
      www.tracksideonline.com

"Count all your blessings, just don't keep score...."
      Mark "Hoot" Marchetti

Comment

Originally posted by gofastturnleft
        Does he still work for Panther?
        Nope. I think he quit after the 1999? season to become a full-time racer.
        If I were Ed Carpenter and you were a lady...

Comment

Right on Richie, he quit after '99. Went on to be USAC midwest regional rookie of the year doing well at the speedrome especially in 2000. He drove for my buddy, 2 time ARCA midget champ Rick Harrell, in 2001....where he promptly won the ARCA Rookie title and the overall championship. 2002 was tough on him.......he was in Margaret Owen's car carrying Michener sponsorship in the USAC national midget series, but he left the team after poor finishes, poor support, and personal problems. He moved back home, to SC. This spring, Rick Harrell tested with ACME Racing for the Supermod ride and was offered the seat, but a custody battle for his daughter keeps him from driving much anymore........so he recomended AJ for the ride, since he did so well in 2001 for him. ACME tested him, and loved the kid. And with three races to go in his rookie season, he's 10 pts out of the championship lead with races at Sandusky this weekend, Mansfield in 2 weeks then at Sandusky in September.

This guy is a racer, and I'd love to see him in the IPS. Matter of fact, I am beating the bushes for sponsorships for just this for 2004. Its tough out there.
          Third Gen Indy Fan

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
          Working...
          X