USAC vs. SCRA

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• USAC vs. SCRA

at the Action Track Thursday...who's going?

I wouldn't miss it - I won't be the most pleasant person @ work come 6am Friday but I'm sure it will be worth it!
    #BCForever

It's a 2 hour drive there and back on a work night. However, on Friday and Saturday, I'm scheduled to carry my driving route (mostly businesses), with very little walking while delivering the mail.

A no-brainer, Liz. Will be there, with or without my son.

Comment

Wouldn't miss it. I'm going to "wimp" out though and overnite at the Hampton Inn. Plans are for a Friday mid-morning wakeup, breakfast at Bob Evans, then hit I-70 east. Hoping to swing by the Speedway for a look around and maybe drop in to see old friend Chris Paulsen at his C & R Racing Machine Shop. No job to hustle back to. Retirement is a wonderful thing except for that being older than dirt requirement.

Expect to see Danny and Professor Joe and would really like to meet Liz, Belanger, richie, and any other TF folks. After making several rounds through the pit area, I'll be parked high in the turn 4 stands with my cranberry colored 17B B&A Motorsports cap. I'm kind of a short dumpy (much to lumpy to wear racing tees) unimpressive redheaded guy.

Can't wait to see the SCRA guys backin' em in again during hot laps. But, hoping Davidson or Darland can take the win.

Y'all come.
      Marv Fish

Comment

Prepare for the "Gasman" - SCRA Richard Griffin of NM
        Fresh off a win at down home Hollywood Hills New Mexico - as SCRA pulled into town for their first NM appearance
        From our friends at SCRAFAN.com
        37 cars in the pitts
        top 5
        Richard Griffin
        Rip Williams
        Damion Gardner
        Charles Davis
        Mike Kirby

We're on the way to Indiana
        carl s
        Indio, CA
        Quando Omni Flunkus Moritati

Comment

The "Gas Man" is one of my favorites. A few years ago when Griffin came east to run Indiana Sprint Week he posted quick time at all but one race (he was back in CA for that one) setting NTR's at some. He had terrible luck racing being taken out by others several times but was spectacular in time trials.

My son and I flew out to Manzy one time for what was supposed to be 3 nites of CRA racing. Turned out to be only 2 but that is a whole other story. Anyway, it started to rain and the lightning was jumping around in the Camelback Mtns. (I think that's what they were called) so we decided if we were going to be electirified we would be holding a beer at the time. Struck up a conversation with a rather portly gentleman by the beer stand and when I mentioned that Griffin was my pick this fellow turned out be to the "Gas Man's Dad, Doc. Noffsinger won that night but Griffin won the big bucks the next evening.

Griffin and McSpadden. Those were the days my friend.

BTW Carl, noting the "We're on the way to Indiana" line leads me to ask, are you coming? If so, I gotta shake your hand. I have long since given up on my hopes for the IRL but still lurk the board just to read your (and several others) posts.
          Last edited by FishBurger; 08-11-2003, 08:55 PM.
          Marv Fish

Comment

"BTW Carl, noting the "We're on the way to Indiana" line leads me to ask, are you coming? If so, I gotta shake your hand. I have long since given up on my hopes for the IRL but still lurk the board just to read your (and several others) posts." FB

The spirit heads East
            The broken down body stays in Indio.
            Next year I plan to be recovered or deceased, the latter actually being more cost-effective.
            Look forward to shaking your hand as well.
            As for the IRL - what has happened to that series has resulted in Big Fig and I having to go incognito to The PASS to avoid the retorts of all those we tried to convert in the name of the IRL.
            Oy Vey!
            carl s
            Indio, CA

Comment

Originally posted by FishBurger
              The "Gas Man" is one of my favorites. A few years ago when Griffin came east to run Indiana Sprint Week he posted quick time at all but one race (he was back in CA for that one) setting NTR's at some. He had terrible luck racing being taken out by others several times but was spectacular in time trials.

My son and I flew out to Manzy one time for what was supposed to be 3 nites of CRA racing. Turned out to be only 2 but that is a whole other story. Anyway, it started to rain and the lightning was jumping around in the Camelback Mtns. (I think that's what they were called) so we decided if we were going to be electirified we would be holding a beer at the time. Struck up a conversation with a rather portly gentleman by the beer stand and when I mentioned that Griffin was my pick this fellow turned out be to the "Gas Man's Dad, Doc. Noffsinger won that night but Griffin won the big bucks the next evening.

Griffin and McSpadden. Those were the days my friend.

BTW Carl, noting the "We're on the way to Indiana" line leads me to ask, are you coming? If so, I gotta shake your hand. I have long since given up on my hopes for the IRL but still lurk the board just to read your (and several others) posts.
              I wonder if you ever saw him at the Coldest night impromptu SCRA race back in 97 or 98 at Las Vegas, the night before the IRL race? I'm from New England and have sat and worked through butt freezing and knuckle numbing cold at various cold-storage racetracks - never been more miserable than on that night (second place was the first Turkey Night at the PASS).
              The Gas Man destroyed his car before the sun set. A mid-packer lent him his own to help him with championship points -Gas Man to the front and wins -incredible!!

Comment

Originally posted by carl s
                I wonder if you ever saw him at the Coldest night impromptu SCRA race back in 97 or 98 at Las Vegas, the night before the IRL race? I'm from New England and have sat and worked through butt freezing and knuckle numbing cold at various cold-storage racetracks - never been more miserable than on that night (second place was the first Turkey Night at the PASS).
                The Gas Man destroyed his car before the sun set. A mid-packer lent him his own to help him with championship points -Gas Man to the front and wins -incredible!!
                I was there that night, but left when they had the 11 car tangle on the opening lap of the feature. (By TANGLE, I am serious - the cars were so piled up that they had to pick them up and pull them apart with wreckers - biggest mess I have ever seen that didn't hardly damage any of the cars.)

I was FREEZING, my wife had stayed in back in the hotel room, it was already 11 o'clock - I had had enough. As I was leaving, Betty (BigFig's sister-in-law), picked on me saying, "If you leave, you'll miss the BEST RACE EVER!" I left anyway.

When I got to the track the next day, she had the biggest smile on her face!

I will be there Thursday night! See everyone there.

Professor Joe
                Lost in Indy

"So many of these guys know how to preserve their tires, how to handle traffic and how to win a race. They really deserve to be in Indy cars." - Bob East

Comment

I just might have to see this one, too... mmmmm.... I could just take Friday off and make it a three day weekend.
                  Dave Steele Rocks!!!

Comment

Count me in, Staying in Terre Haute (Super 8), then on to Farmer City, overnight in Bloomington Ill, on to Springfield in the morning, after the Silver Crown race hustle back to the 'Burg for Saturday nights program, and close out the weekend at the Kentucky Speedway's IRL 300.

Maybe DB and myself will be able to find Fishburger!

Might need to take off work Monday to rest up!!

Weather looks decent for most of the weekend.
                    It's a non wing thing...........................you wouldn't understand
                    My YouTube racing video's
                    www.QueenCityMotorsports.com

Comment

itsanonwingthing, I am totally envious of your weekend plans!
                      #BCForever

Comment

I'll be there. I have a 6am flight to Des Moines on Friday morning to go to Knoxville. I'll be sleepy, but I don't want to miss it...

Comment

wing thing,

as much as I hate to see Wente get any extra money,

I'm telling you that you do not want to miss the Saturday night USAC/SCRA event at Granite City.

It's 90 minutes south of Springfield.

As for me, I can't make it to the Hut-at least I don't think I can by first heat time.

Farmer-maybe, same with Granite.

I will be at the dirt car race at Springfield.
                          "For in the final analysis, our most basic common link is that we all inhabit this small planet. We all breathe the same air, we all cherish our children's future, and we are all mortal".

John Kennedy at American University 1963

"Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man's character, give him power"

A. Lincoln

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
                          Working...
                          X