Michael Lewis

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Michael Lewis

Michael Lewis will make his Supermodified Debut in a Western Speed Racing Hyder at Madera Speedway on August 16. Michael has been winning some serious races in Sprint cars this year and is currently leading the USAC Western States Sprint Car Series in A Western Speed Racing Eagle Wesmar.
    A good race driver, given adequate seat time, can drive any well prepared racecar on any track surface or configuration at competitive speeds. Remember, I said a GOOD race driver!!!

Re: Michael Lewis

Originally posted by Gerald Laurie
    Michael Lewis will make his Supermodified Debut in a Western Speed Racing Hyder at Madera Speedway on August 16. Michael has been winning some serious races in Sprint cars this year and is currently leading the USAC Western States Sprint Car Series in A Western Speed Racing Eagle Wesmar.

See ya at Cajon gerald
    Quando Omni Flunkus Moritati

Comment

Gerald

Is this the same Mike Lewis that had been running in the midwest?

WHy did he head back for the West Coast? He had been doing pretty good here, and some of his runs in the Silver Crown cars for 6r were very impressive.

I miss seing him here.
      "For in the final analysis, our most basic common link is that we all inhabit this small planet. We all breathe the same air, we all cherish our children's future, and we are all mortal".

John Kennedy at American University 1963

"Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man's character, give him power"

A. Lincoln

Comment

He's running pavement only in both the midwest and the west. He hooked up with Western Speed Racing, who's other drivers include Tony Stewart, Jason Leffler, P .J. Jones and Lonnie Adamson, right after the first Western States sprint show and has been dominating the series ever since.
        A good race driver, given adequate seat time, can drive any well prepared racecar on any track surface or configuration at competitive speeds. Remember, I said a GOOD race driver!!!

Comment

Gerald,
          Has Mr Lewis been doing some super testing in central CA lately in preparation for upcoming debut?
          carl s
          Indio, CA
          Quando Omni Flunkus Moritati

Comment

He ran about 100 laps at Madera last night. He was on the harder Hoosier tire that is required for the 100 lapper. He was driving it like a sprint and reluctant to lean on the wing for awhile. They finally got him to sail it off into the corner and he was posting mid 12 second laps which would have put fifth fast for the Vuky Race which was run on softer m-50's. He was still not using the downforce to allow the car to roll through the center of the corner. A follow me session with Lonnie Adamson on race night should solve that problem as he learns to depend on the downforce. It should be very interesting, especially if he goes to school on his competitors during the 100 lapper.

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
            Working...
            X