IRP Robbery

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• IRP Robbery

I went to the Silver Crown race last night and I was extremely upset with a $7.00 parking fee. Unless the NHRA does something about the outrageous parking fee, that will be my last visit to IRP. Other than the Indiana State Fair Grounds have I paid to park for any race. This is worse than a handling fee for IMS tickets. I'm curious on what the rest of you think. :mad: :mad:

I just read today on Hosehead's site that Mansfield Speedway is charging $25 for Motorhomes to park during Saturday night's USAC Sprint\midget doubleheader. Needless to say, we'll never be visiting that track.

Comment

Re: IRP Robbery

Originally posted by boileracin
      I went to the Silver Crown race last night and I was extremely upset with a $7.00 parking fee. Unless the NHRA does something about the outrageous parking fee, that will be my last visit to IRP. Other than the Indiana State Fair Grounds have I paid to park for any race. This is worse than a handling fee for IMS tickets. I'm curious on what the rest of you think. :mad: :mad:
      They only play the parking fee game at races associated with other big events. They used to charge a fee ($3-5) for the NB4_500, but this is the first parking fee I have had to pay all year. The poor little girl working the gate was apologizing for the fee as I drove up. I guess she got an ear full when it wasn't her fault.

The race I saw last night was worth the extra 7 bucks. I was more upset about all the Subways in town being out of discount tickets as the radio stations continued to broadcast commercials promoting the discounts.

Professor Joe
      Lost in Indy

"So many of these guys know how to preserve their tires, how to handle traffic and how to win a race. They really deserve to be in Indy cars." - Bob East

Comment

I must have really gotten lucky - we parked in the back lot (it's much easier coming in from the west & avoids Brownsburg traffic). No one said anything about parking fees! $7.00 is outrageous!!
        #BCForever

Comment

Oh, I think they heard about it. At least in the vehicle I was riding in and I know of a few others that complained about it. Thanks alot nascar!
          i WAKE UP FOR MAY!

Comment

Well I did not pay a parking fee but the Pit pass was the most expensive I have ever purchased, so it better have included the 7 dollar parking fee.
            "Remember, your kids can get student loans, but there's no such thing as a retirement loan."

Comment

Just curious. How much was a pit pass?
              Live like Dave

Comment

Fifty dollars.

Comment

I know...I couldn't believe the parking fee. I was just there a few weeks ago for another USAC event and didn't pay a thing. I think we all got ripped!!! Let's do the mental math.... X=the number of people who attend each nights race. So we have X x 3 different nights. Sounds like easy money to me.

The pit passes were a whole nother cluster F**k. I paid $30 at the ticket stand for my pit pass and my friends that came in the back w/ one of the drivers paid $50 at the credential office. They were soooo pissed. I would be too.

I really can't believe this all. I did have a good night or else I'd be pisse like the rest of you.
                  So Many Drivers, So Little Time!!!

Comment

Amn, they sure know how to ruin a good thing. When we run CARS series on our own it's $20 to get into the pits and when any USAC event is there it is $30. They rip us for running the same night as USAC I told my partner that we don't need to run with other series. I asked the league officials if they were going to starty charging us more if we had the exibition 1/4 midgets with us.

$ 7 for parking? I would have loaded up and gone home............
                    SENسR MODERATOR......

"Better To Be Judged By Twelve Than Carried By Six"
                    " Only Those Who Will Risk Going Too Far....Can Possibly Find Out How Far One Can Go "...T.S. Elliot....

Comment

Where were you all last year????? I had to pay for two nights of parking last year as I won free tickets to Silver Crown and the Truck race. I was shock about the two different prices for the pit passes. Like PitPansey said, our friends were mad about the 50 dollars they had to pay and could of came with us and only paid 30.

Comment

Fifty bucks for a pit pass..wow. for another 50 you could have paid a car owner to let you drive his car.

The appropriate word is greed, and this stems from some of the WC tracks that take the fans for a ride...and get away with it.

I wouldn't mind a high pit fee and parking if a certain portion was given to the drivers..I am sure it is not. Because if they did give it to the drivers, you would not see that a race paid a flat fee like 3,000...5,000 or ten grand..it would be an odd number. And don't tell me they pay all the insurance with it. Did you ever see some of the insurance coverage. You are covered if you are shot by a jealous husband between heats...if you get food poisoning after the third heat you get a refund...and any driver over the age of 76 who has his parents at the track will ge full beneifts...for his parent's !!!

And how about the sign that says.."Service men admitted FREE..it refers to the guys who saw aaction in France only....during World War I !!!!

Comment

Let's just say for example they parked 3000 cars at $7/car. That's $21,000. Give $1000 for the high school kids for their school club who took the parking fees and directed the people to park, that leaves $20,000. Where did this money go? Did it go for the prize money for Friday and Saturday night. Did it go for the purse for the Silver Crown race or did it go into the NHRA's pocket? I hope many of the readers go to: www.irponline.com and complain. IRP is too nice a facility to lose fans over some stupid and outrageous parking fee.

Comment

Originally posted by KimmerluvsIndy
                            Oh, I think they heard about it. At least in the vehicle I was riding in and I know of a few others that complained about it. Thanks alot nascar!
                            Hey i like your thinking!!!

Comment

IRP slips the weinie to everyone on parking twice a year now. During the Brickyard week events and during the U.S. Nationals. I had free tickets to the Silver Crown race as well but ended up giving them to a friend. All of these tracks are getting out of hand. Just last year the parking fee at IRP was $5. Now you tell me that it's seven. When the day finally comes, and it will, when the fans quit coming because of the high cost all of the tracks will get what they deserve.

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X