B. East & K. Kahne (Anderson/IRP)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• B. East & K. Kahne (Anderson/IRP)

So was anyone one else at Anderson Speedway on Wed. night. Quite a show those 2 put on. Kasey was all over Bobby's butt. He kept hitting him on the cautions. We were all sitting there holding our breath. I just couldn't believe what I was seeing. I have always like Kasey, and found this (from what I have seen) not his style.

After the race, I heard the 2 got into it on the front stretch. Was anyone else there, who could shed more light on the subject? Did Kasey feel he was being blocked? Why would you hit you car owners son unnecessarily (at least from my view)? Isn't that the quickest way to not be invited back to drive?

I also heard pretty substantial rumors from IRP last night that Kasey "had words" (for lack of a better word & not wanting to step on any toes) with Bobby in the parking lot after the race. :mad:
    Last edited by PitPansey; 08-01-2003, 02:34 PM.
    So Many Drivers, So Little Time!!!

Kasey does have a temper. Remember when he turned Michael Lewis around after the finish when Lewis beat him at the Copper World a couple of years ago.

Professor Joe
    Lost in Indy

"So many of these guys know how to preserve their tires, how to handle traffic and how to win a race. They really deserve to be in Indy cars." - Bob East

Comment

Just a bit of an update on the subject. I talked to a friend who's involved in USAC. He said there is more to this story, then I even knew. I guess Kasey, Jason Leffler, and Bush driver Steve Hmiel were the ones who had the altercation with Bobby. I just find the situation very sad. These guys are adults, and they are acting like 4 yr. olds.

If this had happened at a NASCAR race or an IRL race the press would have been all over it. To bad. I wonder what the "boys" Bush/Truck sponsors would think of the way their drivers acted? I know, as a former Kahne and Leffler fan, I'm deeply disappointed, and I will no longer support the.

Comment

Originally posted by PitPansey
        I guess Kasey, Jason Leffler, and Bush driver Steve Hmiel were the ones who had the altercation with Bobby. I just find the situation very sad.
        Wow....Jason Leffler is Bobby East's brother in law.... I hope he was on Bobby's side.

Comment

Originally posted by hopcam
          Jason Leffler is Bobby East's brother in law
          I didn't know that. I know Bobby East is Terry Cook's brother-in-law.

Nonetheless, this is very unfortunate. Kahne does seem to be a hot head sometimes. Wonder if Lewis/East will invite him back to drive one of the "9" cars again?
          If I were Ed Carpenter and you were a lady...

Comment

Originally posted by richie
            I didn't know that. I know Bobby East is Terry Cook's brother-in-law.

Nonetheless, this is very unfortunate. Kahne does seem to be a hot head sometimes. Wonder if Lewis/East will invite him back to drive one of the "9" cars again?
            Yeah, Bobby's sister Allison is married to Jason Leffler, and his sister Amy is married to Terry Cook.

They should have had Dave Darland in a car anyway.

Comment

I was surpried as you guys too. I thought Leffler was a good guy.

I can give you a pretty sure answer to that. "No way", he's comming back. I heard this from a USAC crew member who shall remain nameless. I can't even mention, which team (but I'm sure you can figre that out).

Comment

Originally posted by PitPansey
                I was surpried as you guys too. I thought Leffler was a good guy.
                Remember that scuffle Jason Leffler and Ricky Shelton got into at the 16th Street Speedway in 1998. That was the only time I've ever seen him act like that. Ironically, the person who tried to break up the fight between Leffler and Shelton was then track announcer Amy East.

Comment

Remember that scuffle Jason Leffler and Ricky Shelton got into at the 16th Street Speedway in 1998. That was the only time I've ever seen him act like that. Ironically, the person who tried to break up the fight between Leffler and Shelton was then track announcer Amy East.
                  That was one of my favorites of all time. Not only did they get into a fight. It was in victory lane.

Comment

What is Ricky doing these days? Showed lots of talent, but once his bell got rung at 16th. He seems to have droped, off the face of the earth.
                    The 2006 Silver Crown Champ will be aFormer USAC Champion!

Comment

Originally posted by Sprint Car
                      What is Ricky doing these days? Showed lots of talent, but once his bell got rung at 16th. He seems to have droped, off the face of the earth.
                      I was wondering the same thing last night. He ran a few Silver Crown races (maybe last year?) in the 50 car, but since then he has vanished form the racing map. No Western States USAC, no nothing..

Comment

Ricky Shelton is not racing now. It's a terrible situation that has happened to a future superstar. What a shame!
                        Last edited by richie; 08-05-2003, 10:49 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by hopcam
                          That was one of my favorites of all time. Not only did they get into a fight. It was in victory lane.
                          That was one of the most eventful nights I have ever spent at a racetrack. I remember in the feature Robby Flock flew used Tracy Hines's downtubes to ramp over him. The flagman, Billy Shipman, was being pelted with mud and kept getting knocked down. He just layed in the flagstand unconscious for the last 15 laps. They ended up having to take a backboard up there to get him down. Then there was the fight that happened in victory lane. What a night!

Comment

The flagman, Billy Shipman, was being pelted with mud and kept getting knocked down. He just layed in the flagstand unconscious for the last 15 laps. They ended up having to take a backboard up there to get him down. [/B]
                            Richie, I wondered at the time about the extent of Shipman's injuries given that he had (shall we diplomatically say) a flair for drama. Even the IFD ladder truck arrived to get him and the removal was quite an operation. I don't recall there being any incidents during Shipman's swoon fortunately.

Those are the kind of evenings you never forget!
                            #BCForever

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
                            Working...
                            X