A "feel good" win

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A "feel good" win

Jason McCord ran down J. J. Yeley (with an assist from a yellow w/about 14 laps to go) to win the Silver Crown race @ IRP tonight. This has got to be the biggest win in Jason's career - it just made you smile!

J. J. was 2nd, Carl Edwards 3rd, and Dave Darland passed Dave Steele for 5th on the last lap. Lots of attrition/accidents, especially early on. Everyone's okay.

J. J. will get that 20th win (and soon) but for this one night I'm very happy for Jason - we've watched him race for it seems like forever & this is a big one!
    #BCForever

There were 2 caution flags early and one late, but they seemed to take awhile to clean up. But the main thing is that Mr. McCord started 15th and steadily worked his way through the field. Yes, maybe he did get a break with the late caution, but the young man passed more cars than anyone else for position.

Next stop, Bloomington.. $2000 to win......

Comment

Originally posted by DannyB
      Next stop, Bloomington.. $2000 to win......
      Good. I feel good for McCord but want J.J. to get his 20th on Hoosier soil.

Comment

Good deal for Jason. Always have liked him.

Carl Edwards 3rd? Impressive.
        "It was actually fun, because you're back fully driving again in these trucks. Ninety percent of the tracks we go to in the IRL, you're flat-out. I was having to lift off the corners some here." - Buddy Rice

Comment

It was a great race!!! I loved watching JJ pull away from Steele. Then out of nowhere, there is Jason. I guess I was just paying to much attention to those 2. Though without those yellows, I'm not sure Jason could have done it. Congrats, Congrats, Congrats Jason, it was a well deserved win.
          So Many Drivers, So Little Time!!!

Comment

Great night for Jason McCord. Couldn't happen to a nicer driver. In front of a huge crowd and NASCAR owners. Could boost the value of his "stock". that's as in a stock car or truck ride. I used to think it wiuld have been better in front of the Indy car owners, but I don't think being a winning driver matters that much to them anymore. Sorry!
            "The older I get, the faster I used to be!"

Comment

I picked up Darland early (but took a while to figure out who it was driving the 92) as he started moving up and didn't pick up Jason's move until he blew by Darland like he was standing still. I followed him from then on.

I really don't think the yellow made any difference in the outcome. Jason was slicing through traffic while JJ's handling was going away slowing him in traffic. Jason was getting closer every lap.

Professor Joe
              Lost in Indy

"So many of these guys know how to preserve their tires, how to handle traffic and how to win a race. They really deserve to be in Indy cars." - Bob East

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
              Working...
              X