Tracy Hines / NSCT ride for IRP

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tracy Hines / NSCT ride for IRP

Looks like Tracy will be driving a 3rd entry from the Ultra Motorsports team at IRP.

That is cool! Congratulations Tracy!

www.tracyhines.com

Good news for Tracy. He has run so strong the last few years & is most deserving of this chance. (hope it goes better than his Busch test a few years ago)
    #BCForever

Comment

Way to go Tracy
      Best of luck

And thanks again NASCAR for giving our guys a chance at a good career!
      carl s
      Indio, CA
      Quando Omni Flunkus Moritati

Comment

Originally posted by carl s
        Way to go Tracy
        Best of luck

And thanks again NASCAR for giving our guys a chance at a good career!
        carl s
        Indio, CA
        Yep. Tracy's on to the big leagues...
        "It was actually fun, because you're back fully driving again in these trucks. Ninety percent of the tracks we go to in the IRL, you're flat-out. I was having to lift off the corners some here." - Buddy Rice

Comment

Let's see

Yeley, who by the way is putting behinds in the seats where he goes, he's quite the talk of a lot of folks, is pretty much a lock for a BUSCH/Truck deal and ran a late model yesterday.

Hines gets a Truck ride at IRP.

Dane Carter is already talking about going south. Kruseman has looked at the possibility.

Oh yeah, these guys are falling all over themselves to pay to run in the IPS.

Go get 'em Tracy.
          "For in the final analysis, our most basic common link is that we all inhabit this small planet. We all breathe the same air, we all cherish our children's future, and we are all mortal".

John Kennedy at American University 1963

"Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man's character, give him power"

A. Lincoln

Comment

Face it, guys and gals. Looks more and more like TG's vision did not match ours. Seems to me as if he was more interested in putting CART out of business. If so, he has just about succeeded. If he wanted to assist young American oval track racers move on to Indy, well...I ain't too sure about that.

Meanwhile the 800-pound gorilla gets a tad heftier while open wheel racing treads water at best.

BTW, IRP, Bloomington, and L'burg this week for me. By design.

Comment

Well, I hope to be parked in a lawn chair at Paragon Saturday night, for the KISS series.

Then, onto the Brickyard. Where I won't see the front row 5 miles ahead at the start of an IMS race.
              "For in the final analysis, our most basic common link is that we all inhabit this small planet. We all breathe the same air, we all cherish our children's future, and we are all mortal".

"Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man's character, give him power"

A. Lincoln

Comment

<sigh>

Congrats Tracy and best of luck.

I'm starting to feel like a hen waiting to see when not if Farmer France opens the door to the coop.
                Dan Schlosser
                Go fast, turn left !
                www.tracksideonline.com

"Count all your blessings, just don't keep score...."
                Mark "Hoot" Marchetti

Comment

All the rivers flow into the ocean
                  or
                  the ocean dries up
                  Quando Omni Flunkus Moritati

Comment

Why do I get the feeling that many of us are preaching to the choir here?

Comment

Originally posted by DannyB
                      Face it, guys and gals. Looks more and more like TG's vision did not match ours. Seems to me as if he was more interested in putting CART out of business. If so, he has just about succeeded. If he wanted to assist young American oval track racers move on to Indy, well...I ain't too sure about that.
                      Well, he'll assist you if you're related to him or if you're female.

But if you actually WIN RACES, by gosh, what would that have to do with anything?
                      http://motorsportsblog.blogspot.com/

Comment

After seeing Tracy's little fit at the Chili Bowl, I can't say I'd miss him if he went south.

Yelley and Steele I do want in the IRL. One of them is working in that direction.
                        We flipped our finger to the King of England
                        Stole our country from the Indians
                        With god on our side and guns in our hands
                        We took it for our own!

Comment

Originally posted by DannyB
                          I don't believe that (or don't want to believe that). I do think Tony wanted to make Indy car racing more attractive to traditional open wheel drivers. He is still funding the "Road to Indy" contingency program and the winners for all of the SPEED broadcasts of USAC races are interviewed wearing IRL hats. He still would like to have those drivers there.

The problem is, TG doesn't control who the owners hire. Indy car racing is still controlled by owners with road racing/cart backgrounds and the situation is compounded by an economic situation that has several owners forced to sell rides. TG is in the unenviable position of having to market a product whose composition he ultimately doesn't control.

Professor Joe
                          Lost in Indy

"So many of these guys know how to preserve their tires, how to handle traffic and how to win a race. They really deserve to be in Indy cars." - Bob East

Comment

Originally posted by Professor Joe
                            The problem is, TG doesn't control who the owners hire. Indy car racing is still controlled by owners with road racing/cart backgrounds and the situation is compounded by an economic situation that has several owners forced to sell rides. TG is in the unenviable position of having to market a product whose composition he ultimately doesn't control.
                            He does not control the composition of the field, but through his actions, he can try to influence it.

For instance: let's say TG funds JJ Yeley for two years.

Let's say JJ gets out there and does well in Year 2.

Ya think those owners might look for guys with a similar background? I do.

On the other hand, let's say TG funds Ed Carpenter. Nice enough guy, I'm sure, but there are fellow USAC or IPS drivers who have better records.

Let's say Ed lives up to his previous record and continues to be a mid-packer.

Will that influence the other owners to look at short trackers? Probably not.

Just think if TG had, instead of Stephan Gregoire and Jeff Ward, funded JJ Yeley and Dave Steele.
                            http://motorsportsblog.blogspot.com/

Comment

Sorry Joe, but I don't buy into it one iota.

There were a number of ways to completely change the direction of championship racing. I've always contended they could have taken a step forward, by taking one step back.

Many of the "oldtimers" as fans are still around. The fan base has shrunk, but it still exists. How many people have said that Al Unser is the last true national champ? Plenty. Will many say the same about whoever won the CART title in 1995? Doubt it.

So one way to recapture your fan base would have been to put the three fairground dirt miles, back on the national championship schedule 3 to 5 years after the IRL first started. It would have meant additional events, not that much added expense to cash strapped owners, and a way to reconnect to the fan base. If it worked to help bring back the fans, great, and if not, nothing would have been lost from what I see of the IRL now.

Had the dirt tracks been added, I seriously doubt the CART owners or drivers would have come, at least not for a championship run.

Tony could have added 2-3 really nice road courses in 2004 or 2005, and with that schedule of say 20-22 races, the versatility sets the IRL completely apart from NASCAR. You've got something to market.

And, if Tony had really kept the costs to the cars and engines that we first started with, the small teams and many of the underfunded stars of America's small tracks, might have had a chance at some rides.

As it is now, the IRL is headed in CART's footsteps.

And, the IRL may be using USAC as a marketing tool, but the support is almost non-existent.

A. Lincoln

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X