3. McMahan
    4. Meyers
    5. Pittman

34 cars showed up (!!)

10 WoO regulars
    14 URC (360) teams
    and the rest were Pa 410 teams

Actually had good racing between the 15 & 20 cars
    in A-Main And passes for the lead! Great dicing thru lapped cars.

Not a big W0O fan but I must admit it was an enjoyable evening of racing.

Man is Ted Johnson looking old.
    Live like Dave

Re: Schatz wins WoO in NJ

Originally posted by KevMcNJ
    1. Schatz
    2. Lasoski
    3. McMahan
    4. Meyers
    5. Pittman

34 cars showed up (!!)

Man is Ted Johnson looking old.
    He's probably stressed out from looking for a buyer. The Terre Haute Tribune Star reported today that he may have a prospective buyer(s) that will be announced at Knoxville next month. Sorry I don't have a link - it was in Joe Buckles' column.

Buckles states that strangely enough, one of the four rumored buyers is former F-1 great Nelson Piquet!
    #BCForever

Comment

I believe Ted's time may have passed him by. It's time to move on.

The WoO is a great concept, and tour. Wouldn't take a lot to get it back to having 40 good cars at every race, and 20 running the full tour.
      We flipped our finger to the King of England
      Stole our country from the Indians
      With god on our side and guns in our hands
      We took it for our own!

Comment

Sorry, Step, but I kinda disagree with ya. The $ are not there to sponsor another ten teams to tour the USofA with the WoO. I recall hearing/reading that Mark Kinser could not have made the first Eastern swing if he had not been able to pick up a sponsor for that swing. MARK KINSER had a rough time getting a sponsor! Hard to believe, ain't it? Yes, Mr. Turner has a problem. I have heard/read about some Texas folks wanting to buy BOTH WoO and DIRT. According to a post on the Syracuse Forum, this evening, there is an article in a paper up that way that says that DIRT has been bought. Now I am wondring - good or bad? I have seen mostly bad things happen when companies get bought up. Someone always gets the shaft.

Comment

Right now, I'd agree that sponsor dollars are very tight.

And I CERTAINLY favor some tweaking of the WoO rules. They have a definite need to limit costs.

Mark Kinser isn't the only good driver that can't find money. The economy is hurting lots of folks. The big events are going to do fine, but the "regular" WoO show is having trouble getting the regional travelers from what I read in NSSN. And I'm seeing guys show up at WoO races that normally wouldn't have gone for fear of missing the feature. But, the WoO does pay pretty decent to the local boys. I believe Farmington, MO pay $1250 or $1500 to win the regular Sat show. You can make that for running 15th or so at a WoO show. That didn't matter when you weren't gonna make the feature.

BUT, with the short fields, some local mid packers are starting to show up.

That said, I really think with the proper deal together the WoO could get back to carrying 20 cars. They may need to adjust the schedule, the cars, and the rules. But, they could do it.
          We flipped our finger to the King of England
          Stole our country from the Indians
          With god on our side and guns in our hands
          We took it for our own!

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
          Working...
          X