Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Eldora Million entry list

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Eldora Million entry list

    A preliminary entry list for the Mopar Million is posted on Eldora's website www.eldoraspeedway.com click on the news button.

    Some drivers listed are retired (Jake Knoke, Kevin Thomas, Rusty McClure), others have left the rides that they are entered with (Dave Darland 3ac, Matt Westfall 26) and there are several interesting TBA's (second Hoffman #69 entry, Keith Kunz #71, BWB #62)
    Steve Chrisman #25 is a TBA probably Dave Darland

    Purse breakdown is below entry list.

    Should be one great show
    It's a non wing thing...........................you wouldn't understand
    My YouTube racing video's
    www.QueenCityMotorsports.com

  • #2

    Man, I'd love to see it!

    Go Ripper!!

    carl s
    Indio, CA
    Quando Omni Flunkus Moritati

    Comment


    • #3
      Haven't been to the "Big E" in a coon's age - (early 90's for the 4-Crown) - from what I've heard I won't recognize the place.

      This will also be my first race sitting on the "outside" of the track since '66.

      Looking forward to going.

      jcr

      BTW - DannyB - did you get my PM?

      Comment


      • #4
        Heard over the weekend that Darland would be driving the #71 Kunz car and possibly Haudenschild in the #25 car.

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by Indy racer
          Heard over the weekend that Darland would be driving the #71 Kunz car and possibly Haudenschild in the #25 car.
          Wow....I hadn't heard that. As a Darland fan that is very good news.

          Comment


          • #6
            WOW,

            What a purse.

            Running 12th in the C-Main pays more than winning a sprint car race does at a lot of places. ($1250).

            And from what I can tell, the race pays $550 in tow money.

            But, it's going to be a tough one. If you get a flat in your heat, it looks like you are FINISHED for the night. Take your $550 and go home.

            And that's an impressive entry list, and includes some guys I didn't expect to be there. Robbie Standridge is a winged guy for the most part, running Jacksonville and Farmington.

            Hmmm, should be a great race.
            We flipped our finger to the King of England
            Stole our country from the Indians
            With god on our side and guns in our hands
            We took it for our own!

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by step33T
              But, it's going to be a tough one. If you get a flat in your heat, it looks like you are FINISHED for the night. Take your $550 and go home.

              Step, that's the same way he does the Dream and the World 100. A couple of years ago, Bloomquist weighed 8 pounds light after his time trial. At the World, only the top 120 cars make the heats (they had 220 or so), so Bloomer took his "no time," loaded up, and went back to Tennessee.
              "It was actually fun, because you're back fully driving again in these trucks. Ninety percent of the tracks we go to in the IRL, you're flat-out. I was having to lift off the corners some here." - Buddy Rice

              Comment


              • #8
                You know, all those WoO guys talk about wanting big money races, but not one of them is on the entry list so far.

                Lasoski I believe is afraid to run without the crutch. The last time I can remember Swindell running without it, he got on his head at Hales Corners during a CRA race. I might see Schatz or Walker as part of the list.

                The one disappointment for me will be if Big Steve doesn't show for this one, but I don't think he can afford to with the tight points race in the WoO right now.

                IIRC, the penalty for him if he ran this in favor of an outlaw show would be 250 points (and they are in Nebraska) and that's too much to overcome at this stage.

                Now, I'm as big a fan of most of the guys on the entry list as you will find, and this will be a great show, but...

                Steve Kinser is the best sprint car driver I ever saw, bar none, wing or no wing and this is one of those events he should be in.

                Because if he was, he'd be one of the odds on favorites to take it.

                Can you imagine a battle between he and Yeley for this race, with say Darland and the Kruser or Damion Gardner or Haud thrown in for good measure.

                It would be one for the ages....
                "For in the final analysis, our most basic common link is that we all inhabit this small planet. We all breathe the same air, we all cherish our children's future, and we are all mortal".

                John Kennedy at American University 1963

                "Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man's character, give him power"

                A. Lincoln

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by Belanger99
                  You know, all those WoO guys talk about wanting big money races, but not one of them is on the entry list so far.

                  Lasoski I believe is afraid to run without the crutch. The last time I can remember Swindell running without it, he got on his head at Hales Corners during a CRA race. I might see Schatz or Walker as part of the list.

                  The one disappointment for me will be if Big Steve doesn't show for this one, but I don't think he can afford to with the tight points race in the WoO right now.

                  IIRC, the penalty for him if he ran this in favor of an outlaw show would be 250 points (and they are in Nebraska) and that's too much to overcome at this stage.

                  Now, I'm as big a fan of most of the guys on the entry list as you will find, and this will be a great show, but...

                  Steve Kinser is the best sprint car driver I ever saw, bar none, wing or no wing and this is one of those events he should be in.

                  Because if he was, he'd be one of the odds on favorites to take it.

                  Can you imagine a battle between he and Yeley for this race, with say Darland and the Kruser or Damion Gardner or Haud thrown in for good measure.

                  It would be one for the ages....
                  Belanger - I agree. However, Schatz and Walker are on the list.

                  And there's a lot of time left to go.
                  "It was actually fun, because you're back fully driving again in these trucks. Ninety percent of the tracks we go to in the IRL, you're flat-out. I was having to lift off the corners some here." - Buddy Rice

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    I did see Stevie Smith's name there.If some of the Outlaw guys do show up I hope it's the younger guys Like P.J.Chesson and Darryn Pittman along with Schatz and walker.I think some of the TBA's will be filled with Pennsylvania Posse members like Greg Hodnett and Kieth Kauffman.I saw Dean Jacobs name there as well...Let's hope Kenny and Chad Kemenaugh show upas well
                    By the way,where are those great open wheel oval track specialists like Gil De Ferran,Scott Sharp,and,Tora Takagi????

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by Belanger99
                      You know, all those WoO guys talk about wanting big money races, but not one of them is on the entry list so far.
                      I was just getting ready to point out what you just did. It is really too bad that more of the Outlaws are not there. I only counted 1 guy who was currently in the top 20. The PA Posse is also very absent. I would have thought that Earl would have been able to work with the other promoters a little better to get their cars in to his race track for a race this big.

                      This is still a great fielded but it is mostly non-winged drivers. I don't want to sound like Robin Miller here but if there isn't even a Kinser at the track you can't say that you are the best.

                      Outlaw

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        You might not be able to say your the best without the Outlaws, but I'd take a good ASCS race over the Outlaws anyday. They don't claim to be the best, they just put on a better show for the most part.
                        Some people will do nearly anything in order to be able to not do anything.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Let's get something clear here-I am not sure the outlaws add all that much to this field.

                          Names maybe, but talent and ability, I don't know. Many of the younger guys haven't shown the ability to run without the crutch on top, and some plainly do not want to.

                          Had the WoO been a non-winged series all it's life, I can guarantee you more people would know about Dave Darland and Cary Faas, than many of the outlaw stars.

                          But I do think, since these guys chase the big money, they belong here. Ted's the one that screwed this deal, not Earl.

                          Steve Kinser though, this is his type of show. Big money, gonna take big cajones to win it.

                          Kinser v. Yeley, a battle of biblical proportions.
                          "For in the final analysis, our most basic common link is that we all inhabit this small planet. We all breathe the same air, we all cherish our children's future, and we are all mortal".

                          John Kennedy at American University 1963

                          "Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man's character, give him power"

                          A. Lincoln

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            WOO should reschedule the show they have that weekend, so their guys can run the Million. Look at the publicity for whoever wins it. Unless, they don't want to take the chance of losing. They already have an excuse if they lose. " Well, we didn't have our wings."
                            "The older I get, the faster I used to be!"

                            Comment

                            Unconfigured Ad Widget

                            Collapse
                            Working...
                            X