Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Are there still plans for a USAC Gold Crown Series?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Are there still plans for a USAC Gold Crown Series?

Are there still plans for a USAC Gold Crown Series? Last I heard about it, Don Kay was interviewing someone on the radio show who was supposed to be involved with it, but they spent the entire time (almost) talking about a new ICS chassis design that would later not be picked.
    One driver's "fuel strategy" is another driver's "speed up or we will park you!"

Sorta doubt it happens..but ya never know. There doesn't appear to be much (if any) interest in it now.

Comment

I heard on Racin' with DO's internet radio show tonight, that a Gold Crown car is supposed to be doing some exhibition laps at the Toledo Speedway on October 16th, as part of the USAC Silver Crown race.
      It's a non wing thing...........................you wouldn't understand
      My YouTube racing video's
      www.QueenCityMotorsports.com

Comment

It's not really a USAC deal any more. Bruce Ashmore has taken (purchased?) it over from USAC and is apparently moving forward with this. But I have heard very little news about it in the past year or two.

Ashmore has been on Don Kay's show a time or two to discuss it.

I have plans to be at the Toledo SC race, so maybe I'll get a glimpse of the GC car.

http://www.goldcrownchampionship.com/
        Gregg Sebald

Comment

Personally, in a way, I don't see it happening, and if so, not going over to well. Gold Crow = pavement only tracks, right?. Tied in w/Indycar? If so, how many 'merican drivers - drivers that some of us old pharts might actually want to go to see? Will USAC schedule other events opposite the Gold Crown races? Might it be possible, on occasion, to run both Gold and Silver Crown on the same track the same day/weekend?

Comment

Originally posted by Littleman View Post
            Personally, in a way, I don't see it happening, and if so, not going over to well. Gold Crow = pavement only tracks, right?. Tied in w/Indycar? If so, how many 'merican drivers - drivers that some of us old pharts might actually want to go to see? Will USAC schedule other events opposite the Gold Crown races? Might it be possible, on occasion, to run both Gold and Silver Crown on the same track the same day/weekend?
            From what I hear, the GC cars will have two-speed trannys and will be configured to run road courses as well as ovals.

As for scheduling, we will have to just wait and see I guess.
            Gregg Sebald

Comment

Maybe the SCCA could pick them up. They could use another letter or two to add to the Alphabet Soup.
              "If you don't do it this year, you'll be another year older when you do"

http://davidm.smugmug.com/

Comment

those car owners that bought the "new" Silver Crown cars sure got screwed

Comment

Originally posted by Kevracer View Post
                  those car owners that bought the "new" Silver Crown cars sure got screwed
                  I have heard that those cars can be retrofitted to accomodate the new specs.
                  Gregg Sebald

Comment

Yeah, it's right on the website for the Gold Crown series. If you own one of those "new" SC cars, you can get it updated to the new specs.

Comment

Thanks. Ashmore was the fellow I heard on the show. The particular show I listened to, they were supposed to discuss it, but spent most of the time discussing the BAT entry into the ICS chassis "competition" (or lack thereof).
                      One driver's "fuel strategy" is another driver's "speed up or we will park you!"

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X