Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who was the best driver out of these 3 drivers?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Who was the best driver out of these 3 drivers?

Who was the best driver out of these 3 former usac drivers? Steve Chassey Rich Vogler or Jeff Gordon?

I was just curious who people thought was the best out of these 3?

Didn't chassey get injured running in either usac or indycars? Did chassey run his own indycar team or did he drive for someone else?

Also how many feature wins do all 3 drivers i mentioned have?

Also didn't gordon finish 2nd to vogler in vogler's last race at salem?

Also did vogler and steve chassey get into a fight sometime in the 80's or am i thinking of someone else?

Rich Vogler - hands down.
    "Remember, your kids can get student loans, but there's no such thing as a retirement loan."

Comment

Vogler
      Center Grove Trojans
      2008 5A Football State Champs
      2015 6A Football State Champs
      2011 Track State Champs

Center Grove Jr. Trojans
      2014, 2015 & 2017 IEFA State Champs

Comment

Vogler or Gordon; it's hard to say. Jeff was on the upswing of his career and still improving when he and Vogler ran head to head. Chassey was great on pavement, but not so much on dirt.
        "It was actually fun, because you're back fully driving again in these trucks. Ninety percent of the tracks we go to in the IRL, you're flat-out. I was having to lift off the corners some here." - Buddy Rice

Comment

Vogler
          I wish I knew - Dennis "Cutty" Wise

When its game time, it's pain time! - Terrible Terry Tate

Comment

Vogler. Not even close.
            Gregg Sebald

Comment

Vogler

Comment

Gordon was great, but I have to agree with stymie and Seadog.
                Vogler....hands down, not close!
                I know what Indy means!

Comment

What a great question! Gordon drove nothing but first class equipment from the very start. An old timer once remarked to me that Jeff had the advantage of not having to unlearn all the bad habits of having to win races with $*** boxes. That said, he was always a clean racer.
                  Vogler seemed to have top notch equipment, but to me, he was a really dirty racer. It worked okay for him in USAC, but had he lived to race in NASCAR, I think he would have gone on to a less than stellar career.
                  Interesting that Steve Chassey was mentioned with these other two drivers. Put him in a piece of junk, ask him to drive a clean race, yeah, he would absolutely outperform the two others.
                  In my opinion, Steve Chassey hands down in the talent department, Jeff Gordon second, and Vogler third.

Comment

Rapid Rich....absolutely no doubt about it.

Comment

Clearly Rich Vogler is the best of those three

Comment

I don't think I could ever say that guys in this category were for sure better than another one. They didn't have enough head to head at the same stage of their careers for me to say. They were all great though.
                        Some people will do nearly anything in order to be able to not do anything.

Comment

Strictly speaking USAC career vs. USAC career and taking nothing away from Gordon or Chassey...

VOGLER
                          "In memory of #17 Ronnie & Dick "Toby" Tobias."

Comment

Originally posted by ClintCurtis
                            Vogler seemed to have top notch equipment, but to me, he was a really dirty racer. It worked okay for him in USAC, but had he lived to race in NASCAR, I think he would have gone on to a less than stellar career.

Dale Earnhardt did ok.
                            I know what Indy means!

Comment

Rich Vogler for sure, thanks in part to the longivity of his career. What Jeff Gordon would have done if he would have stayed short track racing another 10 years is anyones guess. I think he would have been Rich's equal but we will probably never know. Steve might have Rich's equal on the high banks with sprints but Rich was more the total package.

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X