Action Track promoter announcement today

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Action Track promoter announcement today

The new promoters of Terre Haute Action Track are having a news conference at 4PM today at Clabber Girl. The local CBS affiliate had one of the promoters (Mike King, on the phone from Homested) on the air. He confirmed that we will see the traditional events come back (Sumar, Tony Hulman Classic, Hut 100) as well as some winged and non-winged sprint events. There was more, but I can't recall the whole segment.
    "The face of a child can say it all. Especially the mouth part of the face" - Jack Handey

I saw that too & Rex, you got the highlights! How great to see a promotional group involved that has a real passion for racing! Hopefully 2008 begins the road back for the Action Track...
    #BCForever

Comment

Action Track Schedule

I was at the press conference today, and what a class act. These three guys have their heads on straight and have put a lot of time and effort in to this plan. The schedule for this season is the following:

Friday May 2 The Clabber Girl Don Smith Classic presented by Indiana State University featuring MSCS Sprints

Thursday May 22 The First Financial Bank Tony Hulman Classic presented by Budweiser featuring USAC Sprint Cars

Firday July 4 The Wolfe's Auto Auction "Run with the Pack Classic" featuring the O'Reilly All Star Circuit of Champions

Wednesday July 23 The First Financial Bank SUMAR Classic Presented by Union Hospital and 500 Express

Friday September 12 The Monster Energy Modified Classic presented by MacAllister Machinery

Saturday October 4 The First Financial Bank HUT Hundred presented by Dorsett Mitsubishi

All races will be able to be heard on one of the Crossroads communication family of radio stations or on espnsportsradio.com for internet streaming.

They are bringing back the $25 family infield pass good for 2 adults and up to 4 children. Reserved Season Tickets will be available for $125 each which is good for all 8 events.

9 Time Action Track Feature Winner Bubby Jones will be responsible for track restoration and preparation.

Congratualtions DHK Promotions.

Comment

Originally posted by sycamorestarr

9 Time Action Track Feature Winner Bubby Jones will be responsible for track restoration and preparation.

huh????

Comment

Originally posted by Tim 65
          huh????
          Thought you knew that, Tim.

Only 1 Saturday date and I'm guessing that's due to most all the Saturdays are already booked for the year. But....it's great that there is a schedule for 2008.

Comment

Here is a link to the Terre Haute Tribune Star article about the press conference.

http://www.tribstar.com/sports/local...secondarystory

Comment

Originally posted by DannyB
              Thought you knew that, Tim.

Only 1 Saturday date and I'm guessing that's due to most all the Saturdays are already booked for the year. But....it's great that there is a schedule for 2008.
              I knew that Terre Haute was running this year, but I didn't know Bubby was doing track prep. He's gonna be awfully busy between doing the track prep at THAT and taking care of the Pace Bros. 44 cars.

Comment

Sounds like good news to me.
                Some people will do nearly anything in order to be able to not do anything.

Comment

Originally posted by sycamorestarr
                  Thursday May 22 The First Financial Bank Tony Hulman Classic presented by Budweiser featuring USAC Sprint Cars
                  Yea! That's awesome, because I can make that race, and head over to Indy for Carb Day the next day.

Anyone have a recommendation for a place to stay in Terre Haute for that night?

Comment

There's a new Hilton Garden in downtown TH, or if you want to be closer to the Action Track, try the Drewry Inn just off I-70.
                    #BCForever

Comment

Close to the track sounds good to me.

Thanks .

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X