Question about Bruno

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question about Bruno

I noticed that Bruno finished 13th at MO just one position out of the points. After his incident with Servia he took off his seat belts. I was wondering if his crew having to hook him back in was the reason he went down 2 laps instead of 1? I see by the standings that if he had only been 1 lap down that maybe he could have finished as high as 11th.
    IRL, Champcar and F1 fan

Re: Question about Bruno

Originally posted by IndyIRLman
    I noticed that Bruno finished 13th at MO just one position out of the points. After his incident with Servia he took off his seat belts. I was wondering if his crew having to hook him back in was the reason he went down 2 laps instead of 1? I see by the standings that if he had only been 1 lap down that maybe he could have finished as high as 11th.
    I think that you are right.

I imagine that his emotions got the best of him at that moment.

Maybe he was going to get out of the car and pay Servia a "visit".

Comment

Re: Re: Question about Bruno

Originally posted by indyracer56

I was just curious if that action actually cost him a lap. It may be that he was going to go 2 laps down regardless. If it did cost him a lap those points or lack of points could cost him the championship.
      IRL, Champcar and F1 fan

Comment

Re: Re: Question about Bruno

Originally posted by indyracer56

The two things that cost him time were getting pulled out of the sand trap and the pit stop. It was the extraction from the litter that cost him the two laps. He got out of the car. Got back in and then got hoisted out of the litter. That is what cost him the laps. His pit stop was only about 10 seconds plus over what is a standard stop.

Comment

Thanks for the reply mapguy.
          IRL, Champcar and F1 fan

Comment

Thanks for the reply mapguy.
            Thank you for asking the question. I prefer Saranac Pale Ale. PM me and I'll send you my address on where you can send a 6-pack. Just none of that lo-carb stuff that Truth Detector likes.

Comment

Originally posted by Mapguy v2.1
              Thank you for asking the question. I prefer Saranac Pale Ale. PM me and I'll send you my address on where you can send a 6-pack. Just none of that lo-carb stuff that Truth Detector likes.
              I don't even know what Saranac Pale Ale is.
              IRL, Champcar and F1 fan

Comment

I don't even know what Saranac Pale Ale is.
                Good god man, you haven't lived! Saranac Pale Ale is the best Pale Ale there is, with the exception of Arrogant B a s t @ r d Ale (which I can only get from a local Bar). Heck, once I get a job I might just send you a six pack and then you will know what I am talking about!

Comment

Originally posted by Mapguy v2.1
                  Good god man, you haven't lived! Saranac Pale Ale is the best Pale Ale there is, with the exception of Arrogant B a s t @ r d Ale (which I can only get from a local Bar). Heck, once I get a job I might just send you a six pack and then you will know what I am talking about!
                  It will likely do no good. I do not like beer. I am more of a CapNmorgan/Absolute Vodka fan.
                  IRL, Champcar and F1 fan

Comment

It will likely do no good. I do not like beer. I am more of a CapNmorgan/Absolute Vodka fan.
                    Fair enough. The Captain's Spiced Rum is sweet. I had a few kicks of that before my last High School dance. If it wasn't for that I wouldn't have been rejected by the hottest girl in my school! Absolute... mmm...

I try to stay away from the hard stuff. Cuz by the time you think you might have had enough. You are effed.

BTW. Don't think that you are getting away with sending me a six pack!

Comment

I'll tell you what. I'll send it right away. You go out and wait by the mailbox until it gets there.
                      IRL, Champcar and F1 fan

Comment

I'll tell you what. I'll send it right away. You go out and wait by the mailbox until it gets there.
                        Just make sure you pack it with dry ice.

Comment

Junky got up and out of his belts real quick to start jabbering at Servia... and deserves my NancyBoy Wanker of the Week award.

I wrote up Junky as being at-fault - in SCCA-speak, he failed to give Servia racing room. In other words, he chopblocked Oriol.

From my view as blue flagger at Turn 3, Servia was well up underneath him entering the corner and Bruno should have given him room to race. Instead, Bruno just turned in and wanked both of them straight into the gravel trap, putting Oriol out of the race and costing Junky a WHOLE BUNCH of championship points.

What a stupid move from someone who is in the thick of the championship battle.

Comment

Originally posted by FCYTravis
                            Junky got up and out of his belts real quick to start jabbering at Servia... and deserves my NancyBoy Wanker of the Week award.

I wrote up Junky as being at-fault - in SCCA-speak, he failed to give Servia racing room. In other words, he chopblocked Oriol.

From my view as blue flagger at Turn 3, Servia was well up underneath him entering the corner and Bruno should have given him room to race. Instead, Bruno just turned in and wanked both of them straight into the gravel trap, putting Oriol out of the race and costing Junky a WHOLE BUNCH of championship points.

What a stupid move from someone who is in the thick of the championship battle.
                            Yeah,and I noticed "Bob Up" REALLY (haha) agreed with you at cr**wagon.com

http://cartfanatics.com/forums/showt...0&pagenumber=2

A blind man can see it a mile away....Servia was at fault.
                            Oops, according to Bob up, you couldn't see at turn 3 anyway, even up close!
                            Since we haven't heard that the stewards took any action against Bruno, they must have paid as much attention to your observations as much as Bob did.
                            Last edited by kikigirl; 08-13-2003, 10:44 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by kikigirl
                              Yeah,and I noticed "Bob Up" REALLY (haha) agreed with you at cr**wagon.com
                              Since when did anyone here take any stock in what was written at CW.com?

Putting that hypocrisy aside, I stand by what I've said - from my personal observation. I haven't had a chance to see a replay of the incident yet, and if I do, then something may change.

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X