Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• N/H rumor

http://espn.go.com/rpm/cart/2003/0810/1593430.html

This was on the IRL board. About 2/3 of the way down, there is an N/H rumor regarding Dario. If it turns out to be true, which driver at N/H is getting the sack?
    One driver's "fuel strategy" is another driver's "speed up or we will park you!"

Dario is like the ugly girl that all the guys want to go out with.
    Center Grove Trojans
    2008 5A Football State Champs
    2015 6A Football State Champs
    2011 Track State Champs

Center Grove Jr. Trojans
    2014, 2015 & 2017 IEFA State Champs

Comment

Dario.... Bruno.... what's the difference?

Dario hasn't been the same driver since he slapped the wall at Homestead in 2000.

Bruno, well...

I guess I would take Bruno over Dario, but I'd prefer none of the above.
      http://motorsportsblog.blogspot.com/

Comment

Originally posted by mnkywrch
        Dario.... Bruno.... what's the difference?

Dario hasn't been the same driver since he slapped the wall at Homestead in 2000.

Bruno, well...

I guess I would take Bruno over Dario, but I'd prefer none of the above.
        Bruno - How many N-H mechanics wanted to choke him for undoing his belts after his little get together with Servia? I've not seen many people who get so little enjoyment out of doing what they love. He always seems to have a perpetual grimace.

Comment

Originally posted by Shadow101
          Bruno - How many N-H mechanics wanted to choke him for undoing his belts after his little get together with Servia? I've not seen many people who get so little enjoyment out of doing what they love. He always seems to have a perpetual grimace.
          You would too if your teammates kept overshadowing you.

His career has gone downhill ever since Button beat him for that Williams seat.

IMO.

Comment

Bruno is the odd man out.

He could be headed to the mythical Haas IRL team for next year.

I agree that Dashley hasn't brought a full effort since that testing crash at Homestesd.

Maybe he'll be good at carrying Bourdais' helmet bag.
            "Living well is the best revenge"

George Herbert

Comment

Bruno and Servia are interchangable - other than Servia being in worse equipment.

File both with Christian Fittipaldi, David Coulthard, and Scott Sharp in the category of "How do these clowns keep a ride?"

Comment

File both with Christian Fittipaldi, David Coulthard, and Scott Sharp in the category of "How do these clowns keep a ride?"
                I don't really agree, but that sentence is pretty funny.
                "Don't believe the hype!"

Comment

Originally posted by mesquite
                  I don't really agree, but that sentence is pretty funny.
                  Christian's lack of a record speaks for himself. His only contribution to motor racing is the line, when asked about crashing, to the effect of "Running out of talent". That will live for the ages.

Coulthard carries the helmet bag of his Finn teammates and embarasses himself by saying, every winter, that next season is "his year". Then he'll win one or two races, and that's about it. At least Eddie Irvine could come up with a good quip.

Sharp will be remembered for wrecking a potentially race winning car in the Indy 500... on the first lap... in the first corner... BY HIMSELF.

Bruno whines a lot and gets outshined by his teammates. No wonder Frank Williams cut him loose.

Servia hasn't done anything except a backflip at Laguna Seca. I don't get it - he's like the Donnie Beechler of CART.

Comment

Servia at Laguna Seca

That was a forward flip, actually--a really funky-looking accident, He was fortunate to get away with it w/o serious injury--exactly the type of impact that HANS was designed to handle up.

Comment

Christian's lack of a record speaks for himself. His only contribution to motor racing is the line, when asked about crashing, to the effect of "Running out of talent". That will live for the ages.

Coulthard carries the helmet bag of his Finn teammates and embarasses himself by saying, every winter, that next season is "his year". Then he'll win one or two races, and that's about it. At least Eddie Irvine could come up with a good quip.

Sharp will be remembered for wrecking a potentially race winning car in the Indy 500... on the first lap... in the first corner... BY HIMSELF.

Bruno whines a lot and gets outshined by his teammates. No wonder Frank Williams cut him loose.

Servia hasn't done anything except a backflip at Laguna Seca. I don't get it - he's like the Donnie Beechler of CART.
                      I always liked the one where Paul Tracy crashed under yellow at Fontana....by himself.

Comment

Indyracer

Thanks for recalling that--that incident always brings a smile to my face.

Comment

Bruno's 2nd in points and he's wahed up!!!???
                          What freakin planet did some of you beam down from!!!?
                          I think some of the fumes from "poowagon.com" have made their way over here .
                          Must be all that cross linking and lurking some of the "pooies" do here.

Comment

I don't think anyone thinks he's washed up - he's got a bright career ahead of him. He's just not quite as, ah, "spectacular" as PT is. Of course, being unspectacular and consistent gets you championship points, as was demonstrated at his win at Road America (where I stood in the pouring rain for hours waiting for CART to kick things off... that was a Chinese fire drill... anyway)... he's never demonstrated extraordinary talent - except in keeping the car in one piece (with the exception of Sunday).

Comment

Originally posted by Truth Detector
                              Dario is like the ugly girl that all the guys want to go out with.

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X