Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pook not at M/O?

FWIW

The Columbus Dispatch reports that Chris Pook is not at Mid-Ohio this weekend.

Easier to evade the tough questions when you're nowhere to be found.

Comment

I thought he wasnt at the previous race, also??
      If true, things that make you rub the hair on your chin and go hmmmmm.
      "OWRS did not return phone calls."

Comment

2 races that Pook doesn't want on the schedule and 2 races Pook fails to attend. Not much chin rubbing needed.
        Tara was the name of our cat.

Comment

:rub hair on chin: Very good point, Tara.

Pook = chicken + solid waste.

Comment

Look, the guy said he has an aversion to picnic tables. We should respect that.

Maybe he got salmonella from a carelessly laid sammich on one. Maybe he got a splinter in the seat. Whatever.

I think M/O is a classic venue. During the telecast, I was picturing Indy Cars running there. Who knows, maybe they raise the rev limiters, and get a little more action going. At least they probably wouldn't need any more wing that they ran today at Gateway...

"Each day well lived makes every yesterday a dream of happiness and every tomorrow a vision of hope. Look well therefore to this one day for it, and it alone, is life"
            ~ Sanskrit poem attributed to Kalidasa, "Salutation to the Dawn"

Brian's Wish

Comment

Originally posted by Turn13
              Maybe he got salmonella from a carelessly laid sammich on one. Maybe he got a splinter in the seat. Whatever.
              13, you owe me a squirt of windex and a paper towel.

Comment

Maybe he was packing his golden parachute!
                My major malfunction is...I want the people I love and respect to live forever...The problem is...Life don't work that way...

P.S. Questions, comments, death threats, invitations to a pigs bris, my number is still (317) 809-4483

Comment

Originally posted by Jack Harrington

Maybe he was packing his golden parachute!

Aloha Jack,,,

That one, might leave marks... LOL

Me thinks,,, something,,, might be up,,, Not with Pook...

I Just Keep Hearing Yogi Berra,,, I an't Over, til it's Over...

Paul Genapoosie said something,,,, not sure what, but something...
                  Yes,,, Yes,,, Tony,,,

Your Grandfather was a friend of Roger Penske,,,

Your Grandfather did business with Roger Penske,,, but

Your Grandfather never trusted Roger Penske,,,

Comment

Originally posted by BigWheelHawaii
                    Aloha Jack,,,

That one, might leave marks... LOL

Me thinks,,, something,,, might be up,,, Not with Pook...

I Just Keep Hearing Yogi Berra,,, I an't Over, til it's Over...

Paul Genapoosie said something,,,, not sure what, but something...
                    The G-man said he could see all the doom and gloom everyone is always talking about in CART. Sounds like the perfect blind man to be a new part owner of CART to me.
                    "The older I get, the faster I used to be!"

Comment

Paul needs to buy it and let Boris Saad run it!
                      My major malfunction is...I want the people I love and respect to live forever...The problem is...Life don't work that way...

P.S. Questions, comments, death threats, invitations to a pigs bris, my number is still (317) 809-4483

Comment

Maybe he saw that fat check coming down from Maryville and decided it wasn't worth the effort.

I also pictured Indycars at Steam Corners today T13

Two words came to mind:

FAT and SLOOOooooooow

If the fat lady sang for CART today a bunch of them will be dancing next year.
                        "Living well is the best revenge"

George Herbert

Comment

Originally posted by Railbird
                          I also pictured Indycars at Steam Corners today T13

Two words came to mind:

FAT and SLOOOooooooow

If the fat lady sang for CART today a bunch of them will be dancing next year.

I presume they're "fat" because they run mostly ovals, and are naturally aspirated. Form follows function in the best of designs

I presume that since they are "artificially" slow, it would be pretty easy to speed 'em up - that's why I mentioned raising the rev limit.

I saw them as running nose-to-tail, side-by-side, and mixing it up more freely, but it was a fantasy, after all

I need more information to understand the importance of Maryville, as well as the dancing ladies If CART doesn't answer the bell, it won't be the fans' fault, though. Glad you enjoyed the race.
                          "Each day well lived makes every yesterday a dream of happiness and every tomorrow a vision of hope. Look well therefore to this one day for it, and it alone, is life"

Brian's Wish

Comment

Maryville Ohio has a large Honda manufacturing facility.

Their absence allowed scrubs like me easy access to some high quality seats today.

If Honda decides they want to go back to Mid Ohio the IRL will be there no matter what the fans, or TG for that matter, want.

The thought of a Gforce trundling through madness would certainly bring visions of chubby chickies attempting the two step to some of us.
                            "Living well is the best revenge"

George Herbert

Comment

Well, if people can stand to watch sedans do it, and trucks do it...

But I know what you mean, I guess... after watching F1, I've often thought CART cars on city streets looked ungainly- especially when they get all bottled up and turned around in a "chicane" and gridlock the course. Then I read your desciptions of the concrete canyons and realize each of us has a unique point of view.

just gotta get our minds right, thass' all

I guess I did know what you meant by Maryville, though, as I've owned a few with that tag... I just didn't connect it to the IRL running there one day. I did notice they still "own" the bridge signage... hmmm...

Brian's Wish

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X