Reynske updates by Montreal?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Reynske updates by Montreal?

The rumor i just heard is that the Penske Reynard updates will be cleared for use at the Mid Ohio weekend, and then first raced at Montreal. Van Diemen also has some new updates that will go into effect that weekend.

It will be interesting to see how this plays out. Technically, CART doesnt seem to be breaking any of their own rules... but its a stretch, to be sure.

The source isnt THAT reliable (and he works for a Reynard team, so it may be wishfull thinking), but we will see.

good news for the "cheap" guys, according to Paul G, but what will those updates be and will they be available to everybody. Also, if Van Deiem manufactured the parts, was this with Penske's permission?

Comment

The Reynske updates and the Van Diemen updates seem to be unrelated. Van Diemen has been developing the Reynard since early in the year. Both updates should be available to all Reynard runners, as long as they pay for them.

As for what they are, specifically? I dont have a clue. The Penske parts could be anything. The Van Diemen parts can only be non downforce pieces.

Comment

Just as i post, i find this on the CART site:

16. RYAN HUNTER-REAY (#31 American Spirit Team Johansson Ford-Cosworth/Reynard/Bridgestone): “The car was a little better balance-wise. We’re still not there with the set-up. I had a gearbox failure on my fastest lap and had to limp around in fourth gear, but still managed to meet my time from yesterday. So if we just could have finished the session, I think we could have been 12th at least. Clearly I need to be using the Penske wing, all of the other Reynards are using it and have benefited from it, so we need to make that change.”
        Looks like they already have the Penske updates! I quickly called my "source" to learn that they do indeed have a Penske front wing available. The pieces awaiting clearence include the undertray.

Comment

Thats intresting that wings that were made over 2 years ago still work much better than the factory's of last year.

Comment

The 2002 "Factory" Reynard was almost identical to the 2001 Reynard, as they were already hurting on money. By the end of 01, the Reynske was the class of the field. I doubt the small Reynard changes from 01-02 gained anywhere near the speed that Penske did during the end of the 01 season.

So basically, the Reynard of today is a 2001 model with updates, while the Lola is a 2002 design. The Penske updates seem to certainly be worth it.

Comment

Originally posted by AlJRFAN
              Thats intresting that wings that were made over 2 years ago still work much better than the factory's of last year.
              Some people always wonder why Roger wins so much. It's not just the resources, it's using the available resources effectively, and Penske seems to do a slightly better job at it than everyone else.

Here's hoping the Reynard's get faster. It would be nice to see Manning, Vasser, and others mixing it up for P1-P3 instead of P6-P10.

Comment

So, are these in addition to the "Forsynthe" updates that were already supposedly on the cars?

Shouldn't it be a "Raysynske"?
                One driver's "fuel strategy" is another driver's "speed up or we will park you!"

Comment

Originally posted by Shadow101
                  Some people always wonder why Roger wins so much. It's not just the resources, it's using the available resources effectively, and Penske seems to do a slightly better job at it than everyone else.

Here's hoping the Reynard's get faster. It would be nice to see Manning, Vasser, and others mixing it up for P1-P3 instead of P6-P10.
                  It doesn't hurt to own a chassis manufacturing plant sitting around with guys with nothing to do other than tweak an existing chassis.
                  Trump, he's one of the nicest, most decent human beings possibly ever to walk the planet..

Comment

Originally posted by trac-champ
                    It doesn't hurt to own a chassis manufacturing plant sitting around with guys with nothing to do other than tweak an existing chassis.
                    Touche!

Comment

I didnt know that the 2001,2002 models were so similar, thanks Cyngi.

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X