KV 2 Servia Power
    Minardi 3 ?
    Walker ? ?
    Coyne ? ?
    Rocketsports ? ?
    Conquest ??

How many cars, who's the drivers....

Discuss/speculate
    BAN SHREDDED CHEESE! MAKE AMERICA GRATE AGAIN!

Your guess is as good as mine.

I don't think any of us will know until the cars are lined up on the grid and the announcer reads off who is there.
    americangrandprix.blogspot.com

Comment

Originally posted by neon driver
      Your guess is as good as mine.

I don't think any of us will know until the cars are lined up on the grid and the announcer reads off who is there.
      I think you're right. And even if some of the CC teams that aren't going to IRL come they may fill the car's with no names. Long Beach is likely going to be a farce. But as long as the promotor is happy enough to sign with ICS for 2009 all is well.

Comment

I think that ? pretty much covers it.

How about we get a bunch of the old timers, Mears, Emmo, etc., to run the race?

Comment

Put the people from the celebrity race in the cockpits.

Now that would be entertainment.
          "There are two ways to conquer and enslave a nation. One is by the sword. The other is by debt." John Adams 1826
          Nostalgia isn't what it used to be.
          www.fairtax.org

Comment

It won't be the number of teams so much as the number of cars. There are plenty of DP01's sitting around.... so they'll use them.

There's plenty of Atlantics crews and drivers won't be a problem.

Comment

Well, with it being the last ChampCar race and all, I know that I will DVR it and burn it to a DVD for my collection.

We carry on about drivers and all that, but heck when I first started following CART in the early 80's, I didn't know Bobby Rahal from Danny Sullivan. But I still enjoyed the racing.

Comment

I get the feeling LB is going to be one big crash fest.
                "IRL is better at everything except selling themselves." -- Jennifer Floyd Engel, ESPN/103.3 FM

Comment

Originally posted by SoDak_IndyFan
                  I get the feeling LB is going to be one big crash fest.
                  5 cars finishing the race would be hilarious.

Comment

I think it'd be fun to have an old drivers reunion, get Mears, Emmo, Al Jr, Arie, Bobby Rahal, fly in Michael Andretti, and a bunch of old CART guys for kind of a reunion. Sell it not as a Festival of Speed as much as a Farewell Tour.

Comment

Originally posted by Red Byrd
                      Sell it not as a Festival of Speed as much as a Farewell Tour.
                      I thought sort-of the same thing... get some of the old gang back in cars for the race.

But I have changed my mind. Next year's grid will be outstanding and will make their own history. So there is no reason to get all worked up about a "last stand".
                      "The problem with internet quotes and statistics is that often times, they're wrongfully believed to be real." - Abraham Lincoln

Comment

LBGP ChampCar

DeMatta, Zanardi,Vasser, C.Fittapaldi. That would be great!

Comment

Has there ever been a race where no one finished due to crashes?

Comment

Add David Martinez to the list

http://www.crash.net/motorsport/indy...or_finale.html

Comment

I was just about ready to post the press release here. However, I just posted it in Biz so you can see it there.

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X