Long Beach Drivers Lineup

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Long Beach Drivers Lineup

Do you think there is a place on the Long Beach grid for Al Unser Jr?
    "The problem with internet quotes and statistics is that often times, they're wrongfully believed to be real." - Abraham Lincoln

Would Al Jr. even WANT to do that?

Comment

What else would he be doing that weekend?
      "The problem with internet quotes and statistics is that often times, they're wrongfully believed to be real." - Abraham Lincoln

Comment

Originally posted by DamonG19
        Would Al Jr. even WANT to do that?
        Since he OWNED LB for a bunch of time I'd bet he gets an offer of a DP01.
        Jimmy Vasser, I'd bet. Michael Andretti did well there too. Jacques Villeneuve won't be busy either....

I'd love to see Mario run one last time or heck, Nigel Mansell's boys run Atlantic, so Nigel should get an invite.

Whether anyone will take the invite on is another story.....

Comment

at this point there is probably a spot for al unser jr. jr. anyone with a heartbeat and a check is good to go.

Comment

Well it'll be interesting to see what the requirements are to race it. If the old CC teams are required to run it or can they go over to Motegi?

Comment

CC teams will be required by the IRL to run Long Beach to qualify for the equipment and $. I don't think you will see many one-off drivers (except for any potential cars that won't be racing in the IRL). If KK and GF are going to have to fund 5+ cars on their own (in addition to their own teams) to get to 17, it certainly would make sense to offer rides to Vasser, Unser Jr., Villeneuve, De Ferran, etc. to get the fans out.

The CC teams that are moving to the IRL will be there with the drivers they are running with in the IRL, as the points count for the IRL championship.
              "You make one **** of a caucasian Jackie." The Dude Lebowski

Comment

Al Jr. was announced as an IndyCar driver coach the other day, so he might be at Motegi to do his job.http://www.indycar.com/news/story.php?story_id=10611
                Gregg Sebald

Comment

Roberto Moreno, Alex Barron,Scott Pruett, and Dean Hall

I love to see these guys in the ChampCars at the LBGP.

Comment

Michael Andretti got his first and last CART wins at Long Beach.

How about..........Zanardi?

Wouldn't that be cool?

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X