Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

why is the champ car website still up?

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • why is the champ car website still up?

    ????
    i love indycars!!!

  • #2
    No one to take it down, I guess....It will just continue in its current form until the Domain expires, or someone buys it.

    Comment


    • #3
      It is for people living in denial.









      This was intended as a joke, nothing more.

      Comment


      • #4
        Probably because it still exists as a corporate entity and still has one more race to sanction and administer, the LBGP.
        In my day it was 75 percent car and mechanic, 25 percent driver and luck. Today it's 95 percent car. - Juan Manuel Fangio

        Comment


        • #5
          What I find interesting is that there has been zero mention of the end of the series.

          I figured there would be some sort of official announcement on there.

          Comment


          • #6
            why are these doorknobs allowed to make remarks like this

            what if I said earl................

            what a double standard around here.

            Comment


            • #7
              Because there is one more ChampCar race left!

              Go to the web site click on merchandise then click on shirts-tees and you will find that there are two shirts available 3/20/08 for last champcar race in long beach. Champcar is still alive! Deal with it.

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by DNS/DNF
                Champcar is still alive! Deal with it.
                Oh? Last I heard it was an IRL race using DP01s.
                He kani 'ano 'e loa kela. Ua 'ai nui anei 'oe ma ke kakahiaka?

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by johnel
                  why are these doorknobs allowed to make remarks like this

                  what if I said earl................

                  what a double standard around here.
                  A few questions, one joke is all I see.

                  Wound too tight is what you are........and it's Doornbos BTW.
                  ...the spice must flow.....

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Too much effort, thats probably it
                    Ahhh. Racing...

                    Leaved the politics for those paid to do it!

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      It is a IRL points paying event but that is about it.

                      Originally posted by R_Mears_Fan
                      Oh? Last I heard it was an IRL race using DP01s.
                      This race will be all CHAMPCAR. DP01 with turbo Cosworth engines. Nothing IRL about it. I know the IRL owns Champcar, but this is the LAST CHAMPCAR RACE EVER AND THAT IS HOW THE IRL IS PROMOTING IT. Tony George said it will be a final Champ Car event.
                      Last edited by DNS/DNF; 02-28-2008, 11:21 PM. Reason: Add something

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by DNS/DNF
                        This race will be all CHAMPCAR. DP01 with turbo Cosworth engines. Nothing IRL about it. I know the IRL owns Champcar, but this is the LAST CHAMPCAR RACE EVER AND THAT IS HOW THE IRL IS PROMOTING IT. Tony George said it will be a final Champ Car event.
                        LB pays IRL points and has an IRL purse structure. CC in name only (sort of).
                        Gregg Sebald

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Better question is:

                          Why is there still a website at:

                          http://www.champcar.com/

                          I think the original owner wanted to sell it to Champ Car, but Champ Car wouldn't agree to his asking price, so they went with

                          http://www.champcarworldseries.com

                          But for how much longer will this site be up?
                          Tara was the name of our cat.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            did someone tell a few of you it was open season on CC in the CC forum?

                            nothing has change with our rules or community standards - this forum is for CC fans and those who are willing to discuss cc issues reasonably, rationally and civilly

                            it is not a place to come and gloat denigrate, attack or demean

                            some of you have no business posting anything in this forum and would be upset if we allowed CC fans to post this kind of stuff in ICS forum

                            knock it off or expect a response

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by Tara
                              Better question is:

                              Why is there still a website at:

                              http://www.champcar.com/

                              I think the original owner wanted to sell it to Champ Car, but Champ Car wouldn't agree to his asking price, so they went with

                              http://www.champcarworldseries.com

                              But for how much longer will this site be up?
                              Peter Burkes site is an excellent archive/history of CC - I imagine he'll lkeave it up ...

                              Comment

                              Unconfigured Ad Widget

                              Collapse
                              Working...
                              X