Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Reno crash

Reno Air Racing Association @RenoAirRaces

At this time we are gathering information and confirming details of the incident that happened today during the Jet Gold Race. We can confirm that only one plane was involved. The National Championship Air Races has suspended all operations for the 2022 event.

Pilot is gone.

https://mynews4.com/news/local/plane...es-sparks-fire

Comment

Ya think?

Comment

I was just saying to my brother Saturday as we were going into Oceana Naval Air Station to see the Blue Angels, " anything can happen here today, you don't know what you might see."

It is surreal, especially when they go head to head and play chicken 300 feet off the deck right in front of the crowd. Please don't F this up.
        "Far better it is to dare mighty things, even though checkered by failure, than to take rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy much nor suffer much, because they live in the gray twilight that knows not victory nor defeat" -Teddy Roosevelt

Comment

I had been watching livestreams of the races on YouTube all weekend. The feed was spotty for the T-6 Gold and I wasn't really interested in the Jet Class final, so after the Sport Class Gold race (that Glasair III was haulin' ass and I felt gutted for him when he had to pull out of the race), I did some chores and when I came back to try and find the livestream of the Unlimited Gold, it was gone. That's when I had a sinking feeling, knowing that there would really only be one reason to take the stream completely off: either a racer or an airshow performer had gone down....when a new search brought up a spectator video of the crash, I had my answer.
          "Only a fool fights in a burning house."-Kang

"If you listen to fools....The Maaahhhhb Ruuuules....."-Ronnie James Dio

Comment

My snotty answer is because I do like the jets there either.

Comment

Pilots are speculating it was G-LOC. He was about to cut a pylon (12 second penalty), turned right off the course to try to avoid doing that, and then pulled too hard trying to turn left again to rejoin the course without losing too much ground to the lead. Blacked out close to the ground, and down he went. That's just pilots talking, though.
              "Only a fool fights in a burning house."-Kang

"If you listen to fools....The Maaahhhhb Ruuuules....."-Ronnie James Dio

Comment

They said that professional photographers stationed out at the pylons should have, hopefully, photographs that show if he his slumped over or sitting upright.

The pilot was Aaron Hogue. He made his fortune manufacturing firearm accessories and knives. Sig Sauer uses Hogue grips on their guns. I have seen Hogue folding knives, never bought one. Hogue produces a Sig Sauer line of folding knives. Nothing special, tacky tactical
                "Far better it is to dare mighty things, even though checkered by failure, than to take rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy much nor suffer much, because they live in the gray twilight that knows not victory nor defeat" -Teddy Roosevelt

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
                Working...
                X