Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• midtown
    replied
    Flew the -8 a couple of times. Bejing to Delhi on Air China and Jo'berg to Frankfurt on Lufthansa. And the -400 when United was using them a few years ago between Shanghai and Chicago.

Leave a comment:

• JBH
    replied
    I live in a city that had daily service to/from Heathrow until March. The last 10 miles of the approach for our airport is visible through the windows of my house and it was always sweet to see that silhouette gliding by in the evening.

More recently I saw one of these graceful ladies again, this time under very different circumstances:

Global_944.jpg
    Last edited by JBH; 10-09-2020, 06:20 PM. Reason: Photo credit: Bill Feather

Leave a comment:

• KevMcNJ
    replied
    My far more successful than I brother flies alot for work. Been that way for 25 years. He hates airports and hates flying because it's been an almost weekly event for him for so many years. Sometimes bi-weekly.

They took a vacation a couple years back on a 747.

He was a excited as a 7 year old on Christmas morning to take THAT flight.

Leave a comment:

• AGRiculture
    replied
    I flew on Lufthansa from Chicago to Frankfurt to Tel Aviv and back in 2017 for my Israel vacation. The legs between Chicago and Frankfurt were on fairly new 747-8s. Lufthansa was one of the few airlines to buy the passenger version of the 747-8. I assume that those will be flying for at least 5 more years, but maybe not. Between Frankfurt and Tel Aviv and back were on crowded and cramped A320s, those weren't pleasant flights.

Leave a comment:

• Jim Wilke
    started a topic British Airways retires last two 747s

British Airways retires last two 747s

Sad day, flew on these planes several times. Cashed in miles and flew First Class to Heathrow, flew to Athens, Rome and JoBurg and Capetown, marvelous experience. Whatever comes next may be newer but it won't be better.

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
Working...
X