Honda Jet

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Honda Jet

This guy flew into our local airport. I didn’t realize Honda made jets but I thought it was interesting.
    Attached Files
    Center Grove Trojans
    2008 5A Football State Champs
    2015 6A Football State Champs
    2011 Track State Champs

Center Grove Jr. Trojans
    2014, 2015 & 2017 IEFA State Champs

I thought it was interesting that the engines weren’t affixed to the main part of the plane, there was only one spot to fuel two engines, and the “brakes” (sorry...don’t know what they are called) are part of the main body.

I dunno if that is as odd as I found it but it was pretty cool looking.
    Center Grove Trojans
    2011 Track State Champs

Center Grove Jr. Trojans

Comment

Manufactured right here in the US in Greensboro NC.
      Yes, a cool jet. And only $5MM

Trivia: one version includes a belted seat in the lavatory.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Honda_HA-420_HondaJet

BAN SHREDDED CHEESE! MAKE AMERICA GRATE AGAIN!

Comment

Thanks for the reply. I was starting to think I was talking to myself!

The web page shows the engine placement as an innovation but not the brakes or the single fuel point.
        Center Grove Trojans
        2011 Track State Champs

Center Grove Jr. Trojans

Comment

Fuselage-mounted speed brakes and single-point refueling are actually fairly common.
          "Only a fool fights in a burning house."-Kang

"If you listen to fools....The Maaahhhhb Ruuuules....."-Ronnie James Dio

Comment

I defer to your knowledge but none of the other Jets we refuel has either.
            Center Grove Trojans
            2011 Track State Champs

Center Grove Jr. Trojans

Comment

I said "fairly common," not "ubiquitous."

But I should clarify what I mean by single-point refueling: many jets have a pressure-fill fuel system that effectively functions as a single-point system even though there may be more than one receptacle, because you can completely fill all the tanks from any single receptacle. The A-10, for example, has a single-point system under a little flip-up bullet fairing on the leading edge of the left wing for ground fueling.

Comment

Okay. Makes sense.
                Center Grove Trojans
                2011 Track State Champs

Center Grove Jr. Trojans

Comment

Withot single point refueling you usually cannot fill the plane all the way up because the fueling point is not the highest part of the wing.

Comment

Looks weird, needs to be extended by another 10 feet.

Comment

It is small, really small. If it was longer it would need bigger engines. Which are also mini.

Also, i cannot think of another bizjet with a similar speedbrake.

Comment

Originally posted by RS2 View Post
                        It is small, really small. If it was longer it would need bigger engines. Which are also mini.

Also, i cannot think of another bizjet with a similar speedbrake.
                        The BAe 146 series, although that's a small airliner. Also the Fokker F28 Fellowship, Fokker 70 and Fokker 100 airliners.

Fuselage-mounted speedbrakes are of course more commonly seen on military aircraft. The F-86, F-104, A-4, and some versions of the prop-driven Skyraider, for example.

Comment

Other military planes that employed speed brakes include the F-14, F-15 and F-18; even "back in the day" fuselage-mounted speed brakes could be found on the F-80. The X-15 had them at the base of the vertical stabilizer (below the all-flying rudder) and likewise on the counterpart dorsal fin on the bottom of the fuselage. The Space Shuttle used split rudder panels for its speed brakes.

Avro used them on their RJ45 regional jet because its engines lacked thrust reversers. That's the same reason the HondaJet uses them
                          "I would really like to go to NASCAR. I really enjoy NASCAR and if I could be there in a couple of years that's where I'd want to be." - Jeff Gordon (after testing a Formula Super Vee)

Comment

Originally posted by West View Post
                            Looks weird, needs to be extended by another 10 feet.
                            Honda's standard paint scheme pattern (upper photo) makes the fuselage look even shorter than it is. A more linear (front to back) layout would help to make it look longer. The paint scheme in the lower photo helps but straight(er) lines would do even more.

"I would really like to go to NASCAR. I really enjoy NASCAR and if I could be there in a couple of years that's where I'd want to be." - Jeff Gordon (after testing a Formula Super Vee)

Comment

Originally posted by Spike View Post
                              The paint scheme in the lower photo helps but straight(er) lines would do even more
                              The power of visual illusion. Thanks for posting this, looks like a proper jet now

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X