US back to the moon?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Ren Butler View Post
    I support it, if real scientific and human progress is achieved. But not just to say we're doing it, or just for the sake of putting the first woman or first whatever else on the moon. Have a more meaningful purpose for all of humanity.
    As long as there is a real purpose to it, great. If it's simply another attempt to show our dominance, count me out. It seems oddly timed what with the Chinese, Israelis, and others touting their plans.

Comment

Well, I do like the idea of being a leader on the world stage; healthy national pride is a good thing.

I just don't want it solely for that reason, or even primarily for that reason.
      No weather forecasts are ever guaranteed, even if confidence level is high. Even a 99% probability will miss 1% of the time. That's the best anybody can do when predicting highly complex events.

Comment

2024???

How many times and for how long by now has the launch of the successor of the Hubble Space Telescope been postponed ???

Comment

Originally posted by brundle View Post
          I totally support this. The human race is destined to spread out. Establishing Lunar activities (such as mining and, eventually, colonies) is an essential first step. I am glad that the great explorers on this planet never saw human exploration as a waste of time and money. New places, new resources, new technologies.
          The difference was they were exploring places which were already habitable.
          "The secret of life is honesty and fair dealing. If you can fake that, you've got it made."
          ~~Groucho Marx
          I have the hots for Khaleesi...

Comment

Originally posted by brundle View Post
            I totally support this. The human race is destined to spread out. Establishing Lunar activities (such as mining and, eventually, colonies) is an essential first step. I am glad that the great explorers on this planet never saw human exploration as a waste of time and money. New places, new resources, new technologies.
            Spread out? There is always Texas, Nevada and the Dakotas...
            "The secret of life is honesty and fair dealing. If you can fake that, you've got it made."
            ~~Groucho Marx

Comment

Originally posted by Indyote View Post
              2024???

How many times and for how long by now has the launch of the successor of the Hubble Space Telescope been postponed ???
              Are you playing Jeopardy by yourself again?
              "Factually Unfounded Opinion" Rep. Elijah Cummings
              "Loyalty to petrified opinions never yet broke a chain or freed a human soul in this world — and never will." Mark Twain

Comment

Or that giant funhouse mirror that was supposed to make Earth look twice as big as it is?
                ~~Groucho Marx

Comment

"Factually Unfounded Opinion" Rep. Elijah Cummings
                  "Loyalty to petrified opinions never yet broke a chain or freed a human soul in this world — and never will." Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by Sea Fury View Post
                    One of the few things The Donald has done that I can get behind.
                    It won't happen in the end. Too much anomalous sabotage.

Comment

One of the first things on the chopping block when the Feds decide to worry about deficit spending again.

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X