Announcement

Collapse

Upgrade to fix search indexes

We will be upgrading www.trackforum.org at approximately 2019-05-21 14:30:00 Pacific Time. The site will be unavailable during the upgrade and you might experience broken styles, both of which shouldn't last for more than a few minutes. We'll let you know when the upgrade is complete via Facebook and Twitter
https://www.facebook.com/TrackForum/
https://twitter.com/TrackForumLive
See more
See less

US back to the moon?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• US back to the moon?

First I've heard of this:

NASA is planning on sending the first woman ever and the first man in nearly five decades to the moon by 2024, thanks to an additional increase to the agency's budget by President Trump.

Only 12 humans, all male, have ever walked on the moon and they were all American, according to Bettina Inclán, NASA Communications Director. All 12 men were Americans.

"The last person walked on the Moon in 1972," Inclán told CNN in a statement. "No woman has ever walked on the lunar surface."

Trump announced Monday that he is adding $1.6 billion to NASA's budget "so that we can return to Space in a BIG WAY!"

"Under my Administration, we are restoring @NASA to greatness and we are going back to the Moon, then Mars," he tweeted.

The budget increase is on top of the initial $21 billion budget request from NASA to accelerate the return to the lunar surface.l

"This investment is a down payment on NASA's efforts and will allow us to move forward in design, development and exploration," said NASA Administrator Jim Bridenstine.
    https://www.cnn.com/2019/05/13/us/na...4T05%3A36%3A05

US back to the moon?

Ask Alice.
    Bang boom, yer goin’ to the moon.
    Don’t we already have the tee shirt?

Mars or Bust

Comment

I like it, but can't shake the feeling this is just an escape pod set up for the illuminati
      There's really no such thing as Gary the Moose, Sybil.

Comment

Originally posted by goner View Post
        US back to the moon?

Ask Alice.
        Don’t we already have the tee shirt?

We have this:

AliceKramden.jpg
        "Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard." H.L. Mencken

Comment

With the advancements in CGI, this landing should be w-a-y better than the last one.

Just make the set a Starbucks free zone
          Last edited by Indyknut; 05-14-2019, 09:07 AM.
          Trump, he's one of the nicest, most decent human beings possibly ever to walk the planet..

Comment

Originally posted by Indyknut View Post
            With the advancements in CGI, this landing should be w-a-y better than the last ones.
            Just don’t hire the gaffer from GoT.
            It's too bad they torched Kubrick's set.

Comment

Elon and Jeff should team up using Elon's Crew Dragon and Jeff's lunar lander and beat NASA back to the moon.
              quote:
              "It is sad that open-wheel racing has become a buy a ride situation, but it is what it is."

Comment

Waste of time, resources and money.
                "The secret of life is honesty and fair dealing. If you can fake that, you've got it made."
                ~~Groucho Marx
                I have the hots for Khaleesi...

Comment

I support it, if real scientific and human progress is achieved. But not just to say we're doing it, or just for the sake of putting the first woman or first whatever else on the moon. Have a more meaningful purpose for all of humanity.
                  No weather forecasts are ever guaranteed, even if confidence level is high. Even a 99% probability will miss 1% of the time. That's the best anybody can do when predicting highly complex events.

Comment

I totally support this. The human race is destined to spread out. Establishing Lunar activities (such as mining and, eventually, colonies) is an essential first step. I am glad that the great explorers on this planet never saw human exploration as a waste of time and money. New places, new resources, new technologies.
                    I ride tandem/with the random/Things don't run the way I planned them.
                    Peter Gabriel, "Humdrum"

Comment

One of the few things The Donald has done that I can get behind.
                      "Only a fool fights in a burning house."-Kang

"If you listen to fools....The Maaahhhhb Ruuuules....."-Ronnie James Dio

Comment

Originally posted by Sea Fury View Post
                        One of the few things The Donald has done that I can get behind.
                        Agreed.
                        I ride tandem/with the random/Things don't run the way I planned them.
                        Peter Gabriel, "Humdrum"

Comment

No argument from me either, although it pains me to admit it. Plenty of Helium3 there.
                          "Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard." H.L. Mencken

Comment

Originally posted by goner View Post
                            Ask Alice.
                            Bang, zoom...

"I would really like to go to NASCAR. I really enjoy NASCAR and if I could be there in a couple of years that's where I'd want to be." - Jeff Gordon (after testing a Formula Super Vee)

Comment

Originally posted by fenderless View Post

We have this:

AliceKramden.jpg
                              Now that is funny. Thanks for the laugh.

"I would really like to go to NASCAR. I really enjoy NASCAR and if I could be there in a couple of years that's where I'd want to be." - Jeff Gordon (after testing a Formula Super Vee)

Comment

Working...
                              X