X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hot Rod City

CamKing
    SoCal Question
    Do you remember Flaming Frank Pedregon and his nitro dragster Fiat coupe?
    Here's a 1965 picture in the attached thread
    I remember ET Balancing Inc, they were one of about 10 shops in Hot Rod City in Torrance in the early-mid 60s
    In 1966 I brought them a Chevy and the stock AH Roadster drive shafts which they cut and balanced for me for $35
    I had just come from Boston to the land of hot rods and surfing and Hop A Long Cassidy
    Hot Rod City is long gone as is the Chevy powered AH Roadster, ET Balancing is currently in Lynwood
    http://www.trackforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=66978
    Quando Omni Flunkus Moritati

The thread brings up an interesting question for me:

These days NHRA has limited T/F Dragsters and Funny Cars (also Pro Stock I think) to 500 cu in. Back in the days when folks started out with 392 Chrysler Hemi's, what was the largest displacement that was run back then in T/F or Top Gas?

Comment

Originally posted by carl s
      CamKing
      SoCal Question
      Do you remember Flaming Frank Pedregon and his nitro dragster Fiat coupe?
      That was a little before my time, but I use to drive over to the shops in Torrence all the time. Joe Panik(10,000 rpm) made billet cam cores for us for years.

I need to start digitizing all my dad's old photos and put them on the web.
      I just found a picture of of Keith Black standing next to the Black/Prudomme dragster getting ready for a run. Kieth looked like a kid.
      I've also got a ton of early pictures from the salt flats.
      "IRL" ... what IS that anyway?

J. Michael Ringham
      Vice President, Marketing
      IndyCar® Series Indy Pro Series

www.jonescams.com yankeegoback.com

Comment

"That was a little before my time,"

Thanks
        I guess I really am getting too old
        You know the mind plays tricks on ya - telling you your still the same - like Stella's servant in Hollywood Boulevard

Well I'll look forward to your pictures someday

Hope your enjoying getting ready for Fall festivities in Beautiful NC

btw: That 327 Chevy powered AH lasted one run in front of the house in El Segundo - the wire wheels and old wheel splines were not prepared for the burn out and some kid pulled up at the moment and bought it from under me
        Quando Omni Flunkus Moritati

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
        Working...
        X