St Pete anti-race thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• St Pete anti-race thread

Typical parade.. has there been a on track pass outside of the 1 lead change?

Originally posted by Chris Paff View Post
    If you don't like it, you have the freedom to turn it to "Say Yes to the Dress." I for one like this race and it was a nice pass.

Comment

No worries, mate, there's a nice restrictor-plate oval race coming up after this. You'll love it.

Comment

Originally posted by Joeremi View Post
        No worries, mate, there's a nice restrictor-plate oval race coming up after this. You'll love it.
        Ignore the troll.
        "Each day well lived makes every yesterday a dream of happiness and every tomorrow a vision of hope. Look well therefore to this one day for it, and it alone, is life"
        ~ Sanskrit poem attributed to Kalidasa, "Salutation to the Dawn"

Brian's Wish

Comment

Excellent race with zero passes in the first stint?

Comment

Not your cup of tea, obviously.

I know it, you know it. We all know it.
            "Each day well lived makes every yesterday a dream of happiness and every tomorrow a vision of hope. Look well therefore to this one day for it, and it alone, is life"
            ~ Sanskrit poem attributed to Kalidasa, "Salutation to the Dawn"

Brian's Wish

Comment

Originally posted by Turn13 View Post
              Ignore the troll.
              That's one solution.
              "I would really like to go to NASCAR. I really enjoy NASCAR and if I could be there in a couple of years that's where I'd want to be." - Jeff Gordon (after testing a Formula Super Vee)

Comment

Yep.

Comment

nope

Originally posted by ilikemarbles View Post
                  I like how Robin said Felix lost and will finish in 4th with 20 laps to go
                  It's the truth.. without a yellow the race has been over for awhile

Comment

Competition yellows are for tracks that had rain the night before and practice was cancelled.
                    Exactly been happening for for 3 decades

Comment

Save for a couple of moments, very dull. And predictable at the front (Penske, Ganassi, Penske, Ganassi). Not an exciting product to start your season. And nothing memorable that anyone will remember 2 days from now.

And the lack of yellows made it worse (as usual). Why anyone roots for races to be green from flag-to-flag is beyond me. Sorry but all green flag racing (especially on a road or street course) makes for a coma-inducing product.

Won't even speak of the 15 minutes of dead air, which you cannot defend.

But I'm sure it will still garner a 12 on a 10 point scale on the very scientific TF "Rate The Race" poll.

Comment

No it will suck too.

Major league racing in this country is not good right now.

Comment

It will have the top oval racers competing at the highest level with a good crowd at a great track.
                          Chicago Cubs 2016 World Series Champions

Comment

Next time you marvel at how close everyone is in practice and in qualifying, keep in mind that spec cars that are all going the same speed give or take a tenth here or there don't pass each other that much.

But I know, I know, we can open up the rule book or Penske and Ganassi will dominate.
                            The Ayn Rand of Indycar

No one had to badge the Offy.

Crapping all over threads since 2000.

Comment

Originally posted by DaveL View Post
                              Next time you marvel at how close everyone is in practice in qualifying, keep in mind that spec cars that are all going the same speed give or take a tenth here or there don't pass each other that much.

But I know, I know, we can open up the rule book or Penske and Ganassi will dominate.
                              I'm still wondering what the hell "Push To Pass" actually does. I see it doing very little to enhance anything. Its just used to block on a tight one-lane course. Other then that, the only way anyone gets passed is if someone is trying to soldier it to the next pitstop low on fuel and they have to back off. Or maybe on a restart. Which when you only have 1 yellow, will lead to a whole lot of nothing going on.

But yes we can't dare open anything up. We gotta keep Roger and Chipper and Mike Andretti happy and winning almost every pole and every race. Its just that competitive.

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X