integrity

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• integrity

saw that word in the izod indycar racing board at the top of the forum.......
    in the yellow flag farse thread.

hmmmmmmm

yups if it's true that the series officials did indeed hold the yellow flag out for additional laps to allow the penske team to repair power's car, welllllllllllllllllllllllllllll.

i mean i was actually getting to watch the race and enjoying it. can you believe a fellow tfer actually sent me a link to a streaming site that worked? much better than the indycar.com site.

me sitting at a dang computer screen watching an indycar race........

then that yellow just took something away..

now i know, that it was integrity.

that is not the direction that the series needs to take if it is to survive.
    returning to the days of ignorant bliss..

I agree.
    "Each day well lived makes every yesterday a dream of happiness and every tomorrow a vision of hope. Look well therefore to this one day for it, and it alone, is life"
    ~ Sanskrit poem attributed to Kalidasa, "Salutation to the Dawn"

Brian's Wish

Comment

I watched the race later via DVR and FFd through the commercials and yellows so I missed this but - supposedly, officials are saying that they extended the yellow because they couldn't get the pit lights to work. Given that they only race their once a year and ISC isn't exactly going all out for ICS any more, isn't it possible the maintenance staff was a little light and this is a legit explanation?

Once Power went down a couple of laps, it was pretty clear that his shot was over - so where's the logic in extending the yellow? So Power can get back on the track on 4 laps down instead of 9?

Comment

I tend to agree with Jim. (Wow, can you imagine me saying that about 5 or 6 years ago? ) When I heard the pit light reason, I thought the same thing, ISC wasn't in any hurry to fix the light. And what good was it going to do Power, he was already down too many laps.

I hope Indy Car stays away from the phantom yellows and lets races be won on the track.
        After years of fighting and a split, guess what, we are all IndyCar

October will always be a sad racing month for me. RIP Greg and Dan. You both were great and we miss you.

Comment

Originally posted by Jim Wilke View Post
          I watched the race later via DVR and FFd through the commercials and yellows so I missed this but - supposedly, officials are saying that they extended the yellow because they couldn't get the pit lights to work. Given that they only race their once a year and ISC isn't exactly going all out for ICS any more, isn't it possible the maintenance staff was a little light and this is a legit explanation?

Once Power went down a couple of laps, it was pretty clear that his shot was over - so where's the logic in extending the yellow? So Power can get back on the track on 4 laps down instead of 9?
          what's it matter if the dang light works or not???

and i said on the izod indycar board:

if the dang light doesn't work...... put a cone out and a flagman.. holy cow, don't the drivers have radios or something modern like that; hellllllo, it's soooo easy to drive an indycar; they're probably twittering and reading email
          returning to the days of ignorant bliss..

Comment

A broke or burned out light is definitely possible. Homestead didn't even have the backstretch catch-fencing up two weeks ago, which they neglected to inform the IICS, Penske or Ganassi until after they had driven their haulers down there. However due to the series already having a serious issue with lengthy caution periods I agree with R22 that they could have just as easily informed the drivers via radio, or a flagman.
            ​a bad day at the race track beats a good day at work

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
            Working...
            X