What if I won the mega million

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What if I won the mega million

Tonight wouldn't do it though. It's only $23 million. But say I hit a really big one. So big that I could do exactly what I wanted in terms of racing series.

So I have enough cash on hand that I can put in my very own racing series to my very own specifications.
    I put in a front engined roadster with a stock block engine spec. I send one of these cars complete, race ready to 100 people of my choosing. They would have to agree to hire only drivers with short track experience and a winning resume' from top level open wheel series, midgets, sprints, dirt champs, supers, modifieds and possibly a few late model drivers. Some regional series or even track championships might be considered. By a winning resume' that they would have had to have actually won in a top series. Buying or renting a sprint car and finding a track with only 10 sprints running regularly would not count. I might make an exception and allow F1 champions only without short track experience. No, I was just kidding about that. They would run on tracks of 1/2 mile and up with the same car. They would not run at Indy.

Now for those that think the IRL is headed in the right direction, can you tell me how my series would interfere or harm your series in any way?
    Some people will do nearly anything in order to be able to not do anything.

so how much do you plan on winning--it better be about 500 million if you want to make it more than a year or two, unless of course you can find a series sponor. then since you are telling them who they can hire I hope you plan on helping pay the wages of the drivers. What tracks do you think will give your series a shot to run on them and why yours and not USAC cars or Outlaws.

I'm sorry unless you have a steady stream of money coming in you can't start a series and make it work

and no it would not interfere with the ICS
    Growing Old is Required/Growing Up is Optional
    Never take life seriously, nobody gets out alive anyway

Comment

Originally posted by Lucky161

Now for those that think the IRL is headed in the right direction, can you tell me how my series would interfere or harm your series in any way?
      I do not see how how it would.

But maybe some of the drivers would be able to move up to the IRL.

Comment

They would run on tracks of 1/2 mile and up with the same car. They would not run at Indy.
        I take this to mean any track up to 2.66 miles (the current upper limit of available tracks), which means this is not a four-heats-and-a-thirty-lap-feature type series, which means it's probably a 100-mile-and-up (up to 500?) series which would require pit stops, which means it would be a destination series for short trackers and not a feeder for anything else.

BTW, I'm not suggesting that they would actually run Talladega, I'm just noting that Tally is the upper bound of "1/2 mile and up".

If I guessed correctly, would that interfere with ICS?

I'd say only by diluting the sponsor pool, since the drivers are already going somewhere else anyway.
        Definition of support series: A series that needs the support of the headliner class to draw a crowd.

Comment

Ahhhhhhhhhhhhh................

Just roll over and go back to sleep....
          That's what I do............
          ZOOOM
          "Doc, just set them fingers sose I can hold the wheel"
          James Hurtubise, June, 1964

Comment

Originally posted by ZOOOM

ZOOOM
            There's alot of dreaming going on here.

Mmmmmmm
            "You have not converted a man because you have silenced him."
            -John Morley

Comment

Remember a large part of your cash will be spent on purses. People won't race for free.

Suggestion: do twin 100/125/150's on ~one mile tracks. Race, break & pit, race. Think about it

Comment

I buy a 1/2 million motor home, hire my brother to drive it and go play golf...

Comment

Originally posted by hdolan
                  I buy a 1/2 million motor home, hire my brother to drive it and go play golf...

First things first. I already play all the golf I want to. That's none, zero, nada, ain't happening.

Comment

Originally posted by fl-irlfan
                    so how much do you plan on winning--it better be about 500 million if you want to make it more than a year or two, unless of course you can find a series sponor. then since you are telling them who they can hire I hope you plan on helping pay the wages of the drivers. What tracks do you think will give your series a shot to run on them and why yours and not USAC cars or Outlaws.

I'm sorry unless you have a steady stream of money coming in you can't start a series and make it work

and no it would not interfere with the ICS
                    Thanks for your answer. The last line says it all.

But since you took the time to ask some questions, here goes.

1, More than tonight's 23 million, but $500 million would not be needed. $500 million would fund this from now on. That's at a 5% return. I expect getting a series sponsor would not be impossible, but it wouldn't be required. I am giving them a turnkey car. Do you think they would turn that down over something like restrictions on drivers? Think about it for a minute, do you think I would be offering the cars to anyone that would have a problem with that? And if anyone mentioned that was a problem, don't you think I would pass them by and give "their" car to someone else who didn't have that problem? And why should I pay their driver a wage. I am paying the purse. They can probably figure it out.

I am talking about a car that cost about the same as an ARCA stock car and their biggest purse is around $300K. I would pay them that much at every race, which would cost me $9 million a year. In fact I was planning on paying them $1000 tow money at every race, which would bump my cost up to $12 million in purse. That would be a yearly cost. I would also have a first year cost of $5 million for the 100 cars.

2. I was thinking about paved tracks 1/2 mile and longer, mostly one mile and longer. WoO doesn't run on paved tracks, so I shouldn't have any problem with a track giving them my date. USAC doesn't run on tracks longer than a mile so that wouldn't be a problem. Except for Knoxville neither the WoO or USAC have 100 entries at a race. And what I am offering them is virtually a "free" race. No sanctioning fee. Only a 50% cut of the gate, standard % payout. At an average attendance of 50K and $30 tickets, that's $750K for them and a $750K for the purse. In addition with 100 entries we would need to have heat races on the day or night before, so let's say 30K at $10 each would be another $150K for the track and another $150K for the purse. Can you tell me what track you are thinking of that might turn down an addtional $900K?

3. Looks like I've got $27 million in revenue to pay out at least $12 million. I think I could manage.

Comment

Originally posted by RS2
                      I do not see how how it would.

But maybe some of the drivers would be able to move up to the IRL.
                      1. Thanks

2. I don't see that myself. All of my drivers would be trained on short oval tracks and my series would have zero road courses. And what open seats can you think of in the IRL?

Comment

Originally posted by DonnieB
                        I take this to mean any track up to 2.66 miles (the current upper limit of available tracks), which means this is not a four-heats-and-a-thirty-lap-feature type series, which means it's probably a 100-mile-and-up (up to 500?) series which would require pit stops, which means it would be a destination series for short trackers and not a feeder for anything else.

BTW, I'm not suggesting that they would actually run Talladega, I'm just noting that Tally is the upper bound of "1/2 mile and up".

If I guessed correctly, would that interfere with ICS?

I'd say only by diluting the sponsor pool, since the drivers are already going somewhere else anyway.

You're pretty close.

1. Actually with 100 entries I would be having heats and 30 laps or miles might be appropriate. But yes, the mains would be 100 milers and up. And yes it would be exactly that, a destination series for short trackers and not a feeder for anything else.

2. Talledega wasn't in my mind but you are still correct. Actually I was thinking of not running at Talledega, Daytona or Indy, but the first two could be done if their was a demand.

3. Since the sponsor pool is potentially over 1000 and actually way more than that because my cars could probably easily be sponsored for $300-500K and the fact that the IRL currently only needs 30 or less with a few I500 only, I would think that sponsor dilution would be not much of a worry.

Comment

Originally posted by ZOOOM

ZOOOM

And surely you didn't mean to insult me with that reply did you? I forgot how many people are on this site, but many of them have managed to restrain themselves even if they had insulting thoughts.

Comment

Originally posted by JBaiza
                            There's alot of dreaming going on here.

Mmmmmmm

And surely you also didn't mean to insult me with that reply did you? I forgot how many people are on this site, but many of them have managed to restrain themselves even if they had insulting thoughts.

Comment

Originally posted by Red Byrd
                              Remember a large part of your cash will be spent on purses. People won't race for free.

Suggestion: do twin 100/125/150's on ~one mile tracks. Race, break & pit, race. Think about it

I think I covered the purse situation pretty well in another reply.
                              And I like the "twin" races either within the series or perhaps with a stock car series like ARCA.

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X