Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• If I was Tony George

I would run more races at IMS.

I would run the Indy 500 with oval track only racers on Memorial Day.

I would run the Brickyard 400 with Cup cars.

I would run the Labor Day Spectacular with Indy style front engined roadsters.

And I would run the Indy 250 on July 4th with formula style CART/CCWS cars.
    Some people will do nearly anything in order to be able to not do anything.

...since TG has done such a marvelous job of carving up the infield at IMS the least he can do is get F1 back at IMS. In addition to that since the infield has been cut-up I'd also like an ALMS race at IMS. Outside of that leave the month of May for Indycars and the last week-end of July for the stockers. Admittingly I'm not a big MotoGP fan but I'll reserve comment until after the event. However I'm not expecting it to be a big success.
    ​a bad day at the race track beats a good day at work

Comment

I would scrap every race bar the 500.
      "An emphasis was placed on drivers with road racing backgrounds which meant drivers from open wheel, oval track racing were at a disadvantage. That led Tony George to create the IRL." -Indy Review 1996

Comment

Originally posted by indyracefan
        ...since TG has done such a marvelous job of carving up the infield at IMS the least he can do is get F1 back at IMS. In addition to that since the infield has been cut-up I'd also like an ALMS race at IMS. Outside of that leave the month of May for Indycars and the last week-end of July for the stockers. Admittingly I'm not a big MotoGP fan but I'll reserve comment until after the event. However I'm not expecting it to be a big success.
        I don't think the F1 would be practical anymore. I left it open for the small field/high tech open wheelers and if that made enough of them happy, it wouldn't bother me. Wouldn't be on my must watch list though either. But personally, I'd draw the line at ALMS. They just don't have enough cars and if I'm going to allow the possibility of a small field, I would want it to be open wheel. I am not much of a MC fan either, but like you, if they want to race there and people want to watch it, ok.

Now if the fans or even the participants in the open wheeled road course race decided they wanted larger fields, then I would go for a lower cost open wheel race.
        Some people will do nearly anything in order to be able to not do anything.

Comment

May - 500
          June - F1
          July - 400
          Sept- Bikes

Year 2009
          Witnessed Mario's "Miracle at Indy"...Watched 3 win their 4th Indy 500...Was there for Petty's 200th win...Saw the last Novi qualify

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
          Working...
          X